Vogue Paris April 2020 : Marion Cotillard by Lachlan Bailey

The Berlin editorial is the only one that speaks to me from this issue.

Flower ed is the best thing in this boring issue.
Bon baisers Berlin looks cheap. They should have hired Jurgen instead
Miss Vogue had potential but that lifeless model ruined it.
Beauty by Mel belongs to Tumblr.

The Inez & Vinoodh story is lovely. I wish that was the main ed

The Marion editorial is a huge let down. Borderline ELLE & Figaro

Good issue overall even is there’s nothing spectacular or memorable...
The Berlin story is well executed and all the eds are good.
Marion’s story is underwhelming because it’s nothing like what the cover evokes but Marion looks good in Chanel! It’s very good! This is maybe one of her best ed because it feels very her...

And Emmanuelle is like Carlyne. No one can do Chanel like them...I’m sold! Maybe Virginie needs Emmanuelle in her team because her Chanel has never looked so desirable...

OMG Alt Finally woke up FRENCH GIRLS ON ON FRENCH MAGAZINE !
It's about damn time
I just can't hate it, looks quite good so french and so glamour

I hope they keep that direction for a moment and USE FRENCH TOP MODELS

woke up? I'm pretty sure this cover is "sponsored" by Chanel because Marion is their new No.5 face. Next month we will go back to Alt's favs.

The Berlin editorial looks like a bunch of girls that have been refused entry to every club for being too boring, so they're just taking a few shots of themselves for instagram before walking home.

It might be the cabin fever speaking but this is not at all bad, Rebecca is serving some 70's Vogue vibes and the I&V ed has its moments.

Not a bad issue. It seems better than the March issue. I especially love the I&V ed.

Absolutely so much stronger than the March issue. That brand of Andy-Warhol-taking-polaroids-on-a-European-trip mood is so consistent and confident with the I&V story that— if this horrible trend of “raw” lighting is plaguing fashion photography, at least talents like theirs is doing it right. And every single shot from Marion’s story is stronger than the cover select… But the best story is “Carnet de Voyage” with Pooja. She’s such a regal beauty and I’m glad to see VP unafraid in playing with multicultural themes on her.

And great to see T&A in a Vogue displayed so proudly (the Gaultier and Cindy features are a nice bonus). Solid issue.

Not a bad issue. Rebecca's editorial does zilch for me while last month she gave me life before the lens of Mikael Jansson. It's the Berlin story with Anna and Miriam which steals the show, particularly fond of the shot of them both posing up against the gratified bench - so fabulously 80s.

Of course those images of Marion by Lachlan Bailey are delightful, so beautiful and soft (and very reminiscent of Alt's days at Chanel, I agree @[B]Lola701[/B]). According to Bailey's Instragram, the shot of Marion jumping was the original cover option which I found interesting.

The Marion editorial is a huge let down. Borderline ELLE & Figaro

Sadly, it's true. You have to give it to Alt for challenging stereotypes. When last have we seen an editorial that's inferior to the cover? Nowadays it's the other way around. Complete disappoint.
As usual, I'm way keener on the front book edits because they're so far removed from the rest of VP, especially since there's not a single denim story in this issue and also no Saglio despite Lachlan shooting the cover. I can live with that! None of the main edits are to my taste. Berlin one looks too much like Teller and that puts me right off, and other one is forgettable.
Love the styling on Pooja and Amrit (even if I'm confused, is it gaucho or Indian boho or both? Odd mix!), the jewellery one with Lagrange, and do hope we can see more of Morgane Bedel in the future. She'd be a fine replacement for Saglio but that will never happen.

Thanks for posting, AlienSexFiend! :heart:

EDIT: Glad they settled on the actual covershot.....the other one would have looked too much like Alma Jodorowsky's Chanel cover. Doubt it would have gotten much instant praise on here.

Last edited:
^^^ Not odd at all (add in North and South American Native influences with a touch of East Indian). Maybe the shallow and basic on-the-nose styling concepts these days with their self-segregation that has infiltrated the industry so severely so this brand of complex, playful and completely irreverent multicultural-styling that the likes of Gaultier/Galliano/McQueen/Lacroix/AF Vandervorst with a stylist like Karl Templer had so masterfully envisioned an era ago have become too hard to grasp for these dire and basic days. (I love the East Indian reference of multi gold bangles mixed with South American Native turquoise beads, and that it’s Pooja that’s wearing it just makes it all that much more beautiful.) If only there were more couture-y dresses and full pants to counterbalance the hardier denim pieces but I get it, it’s Miss Vogue. Still the best story of the lot.

NUMÉRO DE CHARME (Textless)
Photographer: Lachlan Bailey
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make-Up: Lucia Pica
Model/Celebrity: Marion Cotillard

Outtake:

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

BON BAISERS DE BERLIN (Textless)
Photographer: Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: James Pecis
Make-Up: Val Garland
Modes: Anna Ewers & Mariam de Vinzelle

FLOWERS (Textless)
Photographer: Sam Rock
Stylist: Aleksandra Woroniecka
Hair: Malcolm Edwards
Make-Up: Hiromi Ueda
Model: Rebecca Longendyke

CARNET DE VOYAGE (Textless)
Photographer: Gregory Harris
Stylist: Virginie Benarroch
Hair: Shon
Make-Up: Benjamin Puckey
Models: Amrit & Pooja Mor

ESSENTIELS ACCESSOIRES (Textless)
Photographer: Mel Bles
Stylist: Morgane Bedel
Hair: Louis Ghewy
Make-Up: Ammy Drammeh
Models: Caroline Knudsen & Luisana Gonzalez

L’ HEURE D’ÉTÉ
Photographer:
Thomas Lagrange
Stylist: Virginie Benarroch

BOHÈME AU SOLEIL
Photographer:
Benoît Peverelli
Stylist: Claire Dhelens
Model: Aleksandra (Natasha Poly's daughter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->