Vogue Paris Collections S/S 2006

haoshcn

Reaction score
I just bought this magazine this afternnon at a local Borders bookstore. It's mostly runway photos of women's collections of Spring/Summer 2006 from Paris, Milan, New York and London and also pictures of their accessories (which are not taken on runway though). Of course it's published by French Vogue and it's sold separately from the regular Vogue Paris. Does anyone know more about this magazine? Has it been around for a while or this is the first time they do this kind of collection photos stuff? (The cover says numero 1.) Do they or are they also going to do similiar publication for men's collections? Thanks for any reply! :flower:

I haven't seen this...I should go to Border's tomorrow. There's something very similar done by l'Officiel, which I love.

Hebden said:
I haven't seen this...I should go to Border's tomorrow. There's something very similar done by l'Officiel, which I love.

Yep, I know L'Officiel has similiar publications too. But my impression is those ones are pretty expensive, aren't they? I have never bought any of them yet. This Vogue Paris one is not cheap either. The price before tax is USD 29.95. It has more than 300 pages of photos in total and almost 100 of them are nice pictures of bags and shoes which I think you girls will like a lot. :wink:

i thought that the runway looks mini-issue was a supplement to vogue paris? i remember buying an issue last year (it was either the june, july or august 2004 issue...but i've since forgotten) that came wrapped in plastic and included a mini-issue with runway looks from paris, milan and london.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think l'Officiel is $25 but that ends up being $75 because they have accessories in one issue and then break London, Paris, NY, Milan, etc into a couple of other issues. If the Vogue Paris issue has everything (and the images are as good) that's a deal...I can't believe I just said $30 for a magazine was a good deal :shock:

haoshcn said:
I just bought this magazine this afternnon at a local Borders bookstore. It's mostly runway photos of women's collections of Spring/Summer 2006 from Paris, Milan, New York and London and also pictures of their accessories (which are not taken on runway though). Of course it's published by French Vogue and it's sold separately from the regular Vogue Paris. Does anyone know more about this magazine? Has it been around for a while or this is the first time they do this kind of collection photos stuff? (The cover says numero 1.) Do they or are they also going to do similiar publication for men's collections? Thanks for any reply! :flower:
oh... i finally read over what you've said... :lol: ... the one that came with my issue a zillion years ago isn't the same.
this is some kind of new thing.....and the one you bought says numero 1, so it's obviously the first issue... i need to check this out.

Hebden said:
I think l'Officiel is $25 but that ends up being $75 because they have accessories in one issue and then break London, Paris, NY, Milan, etc into a couple of other issues. If the Vogue Paris issue has everything (and the images are as good) that's a deal...I can't believe I just said $30 for a magazine was a good deal :shock:

It's pretty expensive to be honest, and it's also kind of wasteful since we can check all the looks of every major collection online from style.com and other websites. But it's still quite nice to see them on prints, and as I said, those accessories pictures (taken in studio not on runway) is quite a highlight of this magazine. $30 for such a magaine is almost an upper limit of my tolerance for the price. If it's $50 or even $40, I think I'll definitely give up! :P

here's a pic of the cover, from vogue.fr...i picked this up last night...it's about $30 USD

2.jpg

i think this is the first time it's sold seperately from regular vogue....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->