UK Elle Collections S/S 2009

I was almost overwhelmed by the fumes of whatever paper they're using to print on - it was strong stuff - but that wasn't the reason I didn't buy it.

I love the smell of the paper :lol:
I'm a little disappointed by the design of the layout. The free supplement that came with the February issue was better..

This issue seems good... I've got Vogue Paris Collection SS 08 and it's good actually, the only problem is the number of images from each collection, so small.

Moneywise, if I had to spend £6 on a collections issue, I'd rather pay £6.80 for Vogue Italia Jan 09, and get a main issue and a catwalk supplement for my money; if VI's catwalk supplement still follows the same traditional layout as it used to, it's a straightforward reference guide that does the job of showing you the looks, designer by designer.

I second Kushie's comments; I can't bring myself to spend that much money on a sparse-looking collections issue ahead of the March issues coming out, which will be massive and full of content.

It looks great. Hopefully I'll be able to find it at one of my local bookstores, it's always a hit or miss.

^ All previous ELLE COLLECTIONS have been of the same thickness, so I wasn't expecting much..
Still loving the smell of the pages.. :rofl:

agh i had a whiff and it's VILE. :sick:

my sister randomnly called me in John Lewis and was like, 'you want elle collections?'. So then I thought 'its not like im paying for it'. so i said yes :lol:

i went through it and i just thought to myself, 'she couldve gotten vogue italia or the main elle magazine'.

but oh well, it was nice of her.

im really furious that this is £6!!!! i was actually considering writing a letter to them..

Maybe the paper contains a special pheromone that only works on men!

does anyone know when this is released in the US or have seen it already at the news stands? thanks.

^ I think it should be pretty much everywhere now :flower:

i bought mine in WH Smith.....also am I the only one that doesn't think £6 for a special issue is that much? i think it was money well spent imo :s

does anyone know where i can get the previous issues, online or whatever? thaaanks

I've been waiting for this issue! I wonder how long it will take before it shows up in the US?

does anyone knows if the new one (fw09 collections)came out?..any info on that?

There'll be an ad for it in the preceding issue of UK Elle, I imagine. If there is no ad in the current July issue, perhaps we will hear news when the August issue comes out.

The F/W issues come out around the same time as the September issues.
One week before them actually.

It's is yet in UK , London ???:smile:
and hov many paseg have ?:smile:

^This issue has been on-sale and gone off-sale on 31st March. It has 194 pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->