Vogue Paris October 2019 : Laurijn Bijnen by David Sims

Very glossy for VP which I suppose is the only thing I like here. That and the fact that we are finally seeing a fresh face on VP. Because what she's wearing is really quite awful, the retouching around her face looks like Facetune, and the composition is odd.

That Vuitton dress is atrocious. I don't like it one bit.

Beautiful girl, but I don't quite understand what is going on in this cover. You don't get what is she wearing and what kind of a pose the model took.

Extremely amateur. I like the concept but retouching is beyond bad.

This is the following of Kate’s August cover?
I like the Vuitton cape but I can’t with once again the 80’s. I know the collection was about the 80’s but Alt went once again for te easy road.

Oh la la... I laugh and cringe at the same time... this retro obsession needs to end :-D

The cover doesn’t work in a whole but there are a couple of good and interesting things that make me curious to see the editorial: having a new face, some hints of glamour. The problem is that the bad things are too many in comparison: the horrible Vuitton dress, that earring?, the composition, the expression, the blurry effect.

I’m interested to see how this cover will affect Laurijn’s career: this kind of new face that has actually been round for a while (she debuted at FW16) reminds me of Luna Bjil who has turned into a superstar after her August cover of Vogue Paris by Sims. The main difference is that Luna’s cover was gorgeous..

Well well! I guess Alt is back at introducing her new covers in her Instagram page.

Fun fact: she never even bothered posting ANY of the September covers, but she took the time to Post about her joint collaboration with Edward.

Although, who can blame her? That September offering was a mess.

---------------

As for this cover, I dislike it. I do not get how everything is crisp and still, while the face is blurred and is made to appear as if it were moving? I don't get it.

Awkward pose. The styling is lazy. Also the proportions are wrong

And darling, this font is a mess.

I really think Marie Claire's use of the same font made VP change it to this.

I used to love David Sims' work for VP, but lately all his photos for VP are blurred to a point that is criminal.

Laurijn looks very pretty here but the styling is a horrendous and the angle is awkward. It almost has a vintage feel to it, but not in a good way.

Well well! I guess Alt is back at introducing her new covers in her Instagram page.

Fun fact: she never even bothered posting ANY of the September covers, but she took the time to Post about her joint collaboration with Edward.

Although, who can blame her? That September offering was a mess.
Maybe she was in vacations when they closed the issue and that horrible art direction?

I love that it’s a new face but there’s just so much going on! There’s so many colors
, textures, etc. that’s it’s overwhelming

Meh. Could be worse, so I won't complain too much but this is classic Vogue Paris. I expect the editorial content to be great as usual.

Monty Python x Gengis Khan x Bourdin? It's all too much. Take away 3 visual elements and this might have been saved.

I guess Rebecca Longendyke wasn't available. She would make more sense to me since she works more often with both Vogue Paris and Louis Vuitton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRRMRA75T06D157E
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->