Vogue Philippines September 2024 : Laura Jhane by Renzo Navarro

Am not sure if this is her real hair but the exaggerated hair styling ruined the cover. Made it look artificial.

The Terno editorial is amazing. It's up on their website.

I wonder how many pages does this issue have since it's in its regular rate compared to their previous September issues.

I wonder how many pages does this issue have since it's in its regular rate compared to their previous September issues.

I was told by my insider contact it's not as thick compared to their past September issues, (simply putting it as it's just as like their regular issues) and they don't think they'll ever have those thick September issues again.

qGbG0dW.jpeg

I was told by my insider contact it's not as thick compared to their past September issues, (simply putting it as it's just as like their regular issues) and they don't think they'll ever have those thick September issues again.
Is there no budget this time around? :lol: It's a nice cover, though.

did bea valdes send the beauty issue cover to the printers by mistake? i really like this cover but is it giving september issue? i don't think so. where's the fashion? even the editorial is quite hair forward.

note to vogue ph: more fashion, less national geographic.

did bea valdes send the beauty issue cover to the printers by mistake? i really like this cover but is it giving september issue? i don't think so. where's the fashion? even the editorial is quite hair forward.

note to vogue ph: more fashion, less national geographic.
Vogue Philippines has an identity crisis and seems to be out of touch of fashion compare to it's international counterparts Nothing wrong with cultural pride but come on, this is their 3rd September issue :ninjas: This ain't Time or NatGeo :brows:

The stylist who did the cover didn't know that it WAS going to be a cover. He only found out when they launched the issue.

Vogue Philippines has an identity crisis and seems to be out of touch of fashion compare to it's international counterparts Nothing wrong with cultural pride but come on, this is their 3rd September issue :ninjas: This ain't Time or NatGeo :brows:
Bea Valdes is no seasoned editor nor even a journalist to begin with. Vogue Philippines has so many amateurish mistakes, as if they never really studied Vogue's branding. How can you go wrong with Vogue as a brand? Apparently, they.

Probably the only Vogue that puts Beauty editorials and Culture features on their covers. 💀

it's a great cover, poetically beautiful woman. but, where are the clothes? (she looks topless, but still, the focus is wrong)
if they could combine their enthusiasm for filipino culture with fashion, then this magazine would hit it out the part all the time.

we need to see what she's wearing. the focus should be on her clothes first, hair second. then feature the hair first in the editorial, with clothing supporting and telling the story.

bea's been at the helm too long to not know how to do this right or is it no one has gently told her to improve her editor's eye? or is there no financial incentive to focus on the fashion? i know they're aware of the criticism, so why barely any change? focusing on fashion won't diminish or take away their competitive edge against mega.

^^
I have heard a few theories from my friends in Manila about why this magazine veers on the side of "NatGeo" / general interest rather than fashion, and from what I can gather, it's because there has been a big backlash against the "elite" in the country since Covid, and so they want to be careful to be as inclusive and "democratic" as possible (so as not to get canceled or called out as being out of touch, I guess?) And so they are very intentional in centering Indigenous cultures, trans/non-binary people, and those who aren't traditionally celebrated in "high society" or "high fashion." Anyway, this is just what I heard, not sure if this is totally accurate or not, so please don't come for me lol.

^^
I have heard a few theories from my friends in Manila about why this magazine veers on the side of "NatGeo" / general interest rather than fashion, and from what I can gather, it's because there has been a big backlash against the "elite" in the country since Covid, and so they want to be careful to be as inclusive and "democratic" as possible (so as not to get canceled or called out as being out of touch, I guess?) And so they are very intentional in centering Indigenous cultures, trans/non-binary people, and those who aren't traditionally celebrated in "high society" or "high fashion." Anyway, this is just what I heard, not sure if this is totally accurate or not, so please don't come for me lol.
Nothing wrong with having "natgeo"/general interest vibes in covers and feature editorials..just don't forget to include CLOTHES/FASHION..I appreciate what they did with the national scientists last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilyzdro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->