Vogue Philippines September 2024 : Laura Jhane by Renzo Navarro

Terno Today

photographed by Karl King Aguña
Fashion director : Pam Quiñones

Vogue PH digital

I see at least 3 stronger images that could have been better suited for the cover !!!
- That white suit with a strong portrait.
- That full length shot with the blue dress
- Or that last picture with the flowers
It's all way better than the actual shot chosen.

Vogue Man PH september 2024 - Mathieu Simoneau By Chuck Reyes

Vogue PH digital

Gosh I wanted to love the covershoot of Mathieu so badly, I was waiting to see the whole editorial but wow it's very very Zoolander and totally not appealing. It could have been classy or edgy but not clownesque.
- They made him look ridiculous.
- The poses are way too over the top.
- The styling is very cheap and bad.
- That cover, although flashy, looks stupid. (Normal stand with arms against his body would have worked and without the silly sunglasses)
- His GQ France is still his best for now.

This had SO MUCH POTENTIAL, but they ruined it with the silly over the top poses / the crazy styling that does not make sense, and only 3-4 photos can be saved out of the bunch. Then again when you see ''this is fashion now'' tagline on British Elle cover with that joke of a female model that is Precious Lee then yeah lol: I don't want the ''now fashion of 2024''.

Loving both the cover and the eds posted here (except the Man supplement). Very fashionable yet exotic.

IMG_20240906_123416.jpg

I finally received my copy!

The cover looks a lot better in print. This and their May covers are probably some of my favorite Vogue
Philippines covers ever, though I'm quite disappointed with this year's page count. It doesn't feel like an anniversary issue compared to their ginormous past September issues with 418 and 482 pages. This one only has 180 pages.

Such a shame, I knew the magazine was having internal issues but are they struggling with ad-buy and circulation so they are cutting the page count? or could they never reason 400+ pages in the first place. Just a question.

That low page count is really disappointing, and such a steep drop off in just a year. I wonder what's going on.

One of the best covers this year. It moves Filipino culture into greater modern conversation; and I love how they heard us and really have been amplifying the voice of Filipinos and showcasing our ethnic diversity with each cover, and really capturing such range. Agree with @NicholasII regarding missed opportunity for the Terno editorial, but let's keep it real- the use of the terno is overdone. It's gotten very one-note, I get it's our traditional garb; but let's really move it forward.

Excellent cover casting, beautifully executed. Stunning use of color, and tone.

the vogue ph budget went to acquiring magazine franchises (vman, robb report, allure, rolling stone) i fear 😂🤭.
That's pretty crazy. Is the Philippines even a competitive market for magazines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->