Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

Chanel in her grave:

for real, if Gabrielle was alive I’m sure she would give away all her Chanel’s rights and royalties in order to ban this woman from buying french fashion forever :lol:

I don’t get what kind of client would make such a drastic change style-wise; I guess it’s one of those Eastern Europe/Russia “trophy wife” who loves to show cash…

And from a fashion perspective, I dress differently there. The last time, I wore a Mr Alaïa mongolian lamb coat that I would never wear in Paris weirdly.

That being said, as much as I enjoy Switzerland and would probably live there if I was a very famous designer, I’m not sure it’s the most stimulating area of the world.

The strength of Paris is that, it’s a cultural hub. Every arrondissement has it surprised (even if most designers rarely goes out of the usual ones once they hit a certain status), there’s always something to do, to see.

Paris and NYC and a bit London are that even though Paris is not the buzzing Paris it used to be.
It doesn't surprise me. I wanted to go there on a trip by myself and on one blog a woman who lives there wrote to dress averagely so as not to draw attention to herself as a single woman. A friend of mine once spent two weeks there with her aunt and in those tourist places strange men were constantly talking to her. In other parts of the city it was no problem. She liked the museums.

Jacquemus is not doing Chanel....

Im still doing Marc Jacobs as CD for RTW and HC
with Giambattista Valli doing the boutique, neige and soleil collections...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->