Vogue Poland December 2023 : Alek Wek by Erdem Moralioğlu

Yesssss more Vogue covers with Alek, I like both covers but I prefer the first one because the face doesn't do anything for me on the second one. I find it weird that she's racking more Vogue covers NOW versus when she was modeling full time and when she was younger but still, it's good that she gets her due, she's a modeling icon therefore she needs that recognition / appreciation by the industry.

I like the cover where Wek is wearing the coat and head covering. The facial expression and the styling on the second cover is questionable. As I have seen many of the actual issues, the magazine is definitely not as great as under Filip Niedenthal and Malgosia Bela. For me, the fashion photography is missing newness and edginess.

The first cover (coat) is GLORIOUS!

Love the first cover though I wish it was cropped a little fuller. The second one has a beautiful location but the photo is too pale againste the masthead.

Instant love! It’s weird that she gets more covers now when she is considered a veteran than when she was on her heyday.

I'm ALWAYS here for Alek!

I don't love either cover, but the first one is infinitely better than the second, which is just terrible.
Both are just lifeless and sad, two things I never associate with Alek Wek, who always exudes pure joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->