Vogue Poland January/February 2024 : Julia Banaś by Ina Lekiewicz Levy

I like the first, zoomed out cover choice. However, the model does not appeal to me. Hopefully, the editorial is not a disappointment.

zzz same old, same old, first issue was the only decent one. Vogue Poland is so boring, inoffensive, bland. Every ed looks like a basic photography student's project. I will never understand how Ina got this job. She has nothing to say as a photographer, let alone eic.

zzz same old, same old, first issue was the only decent one. Vogue Poland is so boring, inoffensive, bland. Every ed looks like a basic photography student's project. I will never understand how Ina got this job. She has nothing to say as a photographer, let alone eic.
I have seen many of the issues under her editorship and most of them are very bland/forgettable. In my opinion, the fashion editorials are not unique and edgy enough.

About time for Julia. She's been quite long around.

Love the "Seeing Red" fashion editorial. I am sure it will look even better on the printed page.

Yet another Vogue editorial where someone... just stands there. Doesn't matter whether it's inside a studio or outdoors at a location, the Vogue approach to fashion has become so lifeless and static. No real sense of energy or narrative. Colour gets used in block format as a compensation for the lack of everything else. No commitment to creating something special. You can't sell a storyline of existential emptiness when most Vogue editorials looks empty as standard.

No wonder the people who go overboard with flat effects in post-production are seen as innovative photographers.

Yet another Vogue editorial where someone... just stands there. Doesn't matter whether it's inside a studio or outdoors at a location, the Vogue approach to fashion has become so lifeless and static. No real sense of energy or narrative. Colour gets used in block format as a compensation for the lack of everything else. No commitment to creating something special. You can't sell a storyline of existential emptiness when most Vogue editorials looks empty as standard.

No wonder the people who go overboard with flat effects in post-production are seen as innovative photographers.

I screamed YESSS when I was reading your comment.
That's precisely why I stopped buying Vogue.
And also why I don't really like any covers worldwide of Vogue magazine.
No one poses anymore / there's no hands on hips or powerful stare or crossed legs.
NOTHING nada, niet rien de rien ahaahah.
I hate this trend!
I see more inspirational images on Instagram or Tumblr or Behance but NOT on Vogue covers anymore.
I wished photographers and editors AND stylists stop with this BS trend of having someone staring into oblivion, looking fragile or sad or just ''there''.
Where's the glamour of the old US Vogue covers or Italian Vogue under Franca and Steven or Vogue Paris with Carine or even Chinese Vogue with Angelica or the good old Vogue Nippon 20 years ago???
I would even go that far and ask for these reprints on Vogue Australia or Vogue Greece AHAHAHAHA.

I lna Lekiewicz photohraphy but sometimes i miss old Vogue Poland under Filip. Then we has more "recognizable" photographers and interviews with designers and even more local fashion designers in edytorials.

Im a bit bored when I see when Ina using this look of "Blase model waiting for a waiter in retro restaurant"

I love the cover and e3ditorial. Its like time stood still, reminds me of one of those movies set in small towns with those little diners. The all red adds some mystery to it.

Ina Lekieiwcz promotes this strange retro Erdem style. She's friends with Erdem, from what I know. Laces, ruffles, layers. Victorian England, living rooms, rugs, floral sofas, floral wallpapers, paintings in gold frames, old porcelain. It's nice, but boring in the long run. As someone wrote, lifeless models, placed in the same positions, without smiling, in similar locations, either a living room or windy hills.
Ina Lekiewicz lives in the UK and is more English than Polish. She surrounds herself with English photographers and stylists. Due to this, there are almost no Polish photographers or fashion creators in Polish Vogue. It is sad.
It's a bit as if she aspired to be the next editor of British Vogue more than Vogue Polska.
I miss something real, modern. Lace and ruffles are not what Polish streets look like.

Ina Lekieiwcz promotes this strange retro Erdem style. She's friends with Erdem, from what I know. Laces, ruffles, layers. Victorian England, living rooms, rugs, floral sofas, floral wallpapers, paintings in gold frames, old porcelain. It's nice, but boring in the long run. As someone wrote, lifeless models, placed in the same positions, without smiling, in similar locations, either a living room or windy hills.
Ina Lekiewicz lives in the UK and is more English than Polish. She surrounds herself with English photographers and stylists. Due to this, there are almost no Polish photographers or fashion creators in Polish Vogue. It is sad.
It's a bit as if she aspired to be the next editor of British Vogue more than Vogue Polska.
I miss something real, modern. Lace and ruffles are not what Polish streets look like.
Exactly, Poland is more modern today.

Not convinced by any of this. I'm not expectant of a great deal from Vogue Poland (never and never will, at this rate) but despite the red, the covers just feel so... cold. Bland photography, bland styling and a bland model.

But guys, it’s art…
Personally, I do not see this fashion editorial as art. However, I love it. I love the look and mood that it portrays.

Last edited:

There was a solid story potential with these pictures, however, the photographer and model missed it, as told by the rest of the editorial. We really, really need to bring back some storytelling, it’s a disappearing art, and it’s a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->