Vogue Portugal April 2020 by Branislav Simoncik & Renée Parkhurst

I really like the cover, it’s an interesting interpretation and I enjoy that it references/copies that vintage image. The only thing I do not enjoy is the obvious cover line, plus the fact that it won’t have that same dramatic/theatrical story that we’d of seen with Franca as an example. But overall I do really like the cover and have ordered it from Vogue Portugal ‘lighthouse production’ website, which is so much cheaper than eBay or Conde Nast store for anyone interested.

Inside this Vogue Portugal's issue....

"A Virus Can Be Cool"

In case you didn't think this issue could get any more degrading and disrespectful towards the current situation and all the victims of COVID-19, there you have it...

bUWMYNm.jpg

bUWMYNm

Well, now I've seen it all! :sick: Do need to see the context but either way, how tone deaf.

Freis, second image isn't loading for me.

Well, now I've seen it all! :sick: Do need to see the context but either way, how tone deaf.

It's just one image! I tried to upload it differently, and I guess there's still some traces of my failed attempt :smile:

But that one page is pretty shocking on its own anyway.... Hope this gets to Conde Nast and they take some action.

They changed it for their digital edition

Captura-de-Pantalla-2020-04-08-a-la(s)-14.31.22.jpg
source: digital edition

They changed it for the digital issue, but even that is an unfortunate choice of words. Viral. Idiots. Oh my God indeed.

I recall seeing it in March issue too. I truly hope it wasn’t made the current pandemic in mind because that would be just straight up tone deaf and sick.

I can’t understand how someone on their team didn’t notice the problem with this before...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->