Vogue Portugal November 2020 : James Charles by Marcus Cooper

Addison Rae’s Vogue cover is coming, so be prepared. If not her, than Emma Chamberlain or Dixie D’Amelio.

Hope I'll be dead by then, lol. Now that I think of it, surprised he got a Vogue cover before Emma who has a partnership with Vuitton and has been doing video tutorials for US Vogue and VP.

His fans are already spamming Vogue Portugal's IG with 'where can I get this??', so maybe it will actually sell well?

what a joke
not cover worthy
well at least they could use it as vogue beauty spread inside lol

My response to a YouTuber being on a Vogue cover is very indifferent; but I only give the benefit of the doubt rather than gagging at the sight because there’s a chance this might translate to extremely high sales for Vogue Portugal. There’s a lot to take into consideration, though, including the virtually-reliant situation we all universally are in... James’ fanbase is largely comprised of teenagers, and he seems to have a much larger fanbase in the US, UK & Spain than in Portugal, so they’re not quite reaching the usual demographic here. I agree with the above sentiment that if any YouTuber should be on a Vogue cover, let it be Chamberlain before James - many of her fans are somewhat interested in fashion, hence why she’s so marketable for LV. If we expand this conversation towards social media stars in general, Rickey Thompson would be a contender in my book as well. Given Charli D’Amelio’s Prada affiliation, Dixie D’Amelio’s Chanel affiliation, and Addison Rae’s Miu Miu affiliation (+ her Beauty Secrets video) (EDIT: Apparently TikToker Avani Gregg also is with LV now. I didn’t even know until today... good riddance), I can definitely expect a TikToker on a major cover next - that is, if this Vogue test run does well in sales. I’m interested to see how this turns out, given James isn’t a fashion mogul per se.

Last edited:
I used to dislike fashion bloggers so much that I didn’t even bother to give a damn. Now with the thriving nepotism models/social media stars dominating the fashion scenes, I would give it a pass for whatever it is as long as they don’t school us about those sociopolitical issues.

I feel like at this point James Charles is a walking meme so seeing his name in a Vogue thread is so funny to me.

Also I imagine miss Jeffree Star must be fuming right now lol.

James Charles and Jeffree Stars are the most annoying people in the world with Karadashian's and Jenner's....i'm sick of people who give them more and more attention and the stupidity in the world loves them,aren't any Portugal beautiful models or actresses to give them a cover, instead of this JOKE? Magazine's are doomed,everything which was supposed to be beauty is fading away,now we see covers full with corrections and that's the new trend of beauty? come on...

That second cover is AWFUL. The first one is growing on me, though.

he looks like Lindvall on the first one

What's so funny is the theme of the issue......and then there's this LA person whose face is pumped full of fillers and layered with so many filters. Do they not get the irony?
It's not that I'm shaming someone for plastic surgery, the concept is just at odds with him and what he stands for.

Nowadays, every clown will get publicity like this just because they are ''different'' or ''unique'' in some way.

I'll allow this just once, but I do not want it turn into a trend of youtube stars and instagram stars being covers, other than that, contrary to everybody here, I like this, which is rare for Vogue Portugal. Its colorful, and image matches the headline in terms of feeling for me.

Seeing so many American “sisters” on Twitter and Instagram who bought 2 copies of this issue so they’d have both covers. It’s almost $40 to buy the issue, with shipping costs. Will probably be Vogue Portugal’s best selling issue and definitely their highest online engagement. I see more fashion covers in James’ future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->