Vogue Russia August 2019 : Cara Taylor by Giampaolo Sgura

I love this. I see this as something Aliona would have released. Stunning. Though it has this Korean Vogue vibe too it.

However, whoever thought that "Punk's Not Dead" was a brilliant tagline needs to retire effective immediately

Oh wow, Cara looks badass. The light, the styling, the make up, the background, the baby pink masthead - it all works for me.

Surprised how much i like the cover, Cara really makes it work. Was expecting another Sgura awfulness when i clicked on the thread!

looks quite dated... I want to be as excited as you are but sort of not feeling it... I think the reason being the resemblance to Linda but then in comparison, there is an obvious lack of that piercing look that Linda gives even at her most relaxed...

However, whoever thought that "Punk's Not Dead" was a brilliant tagline needs to retire effective immediately

Especially since they chose for the cover the least punk image from the editorial. Ha!

Absolutely love this shot of Cara. she is an excellent model and pulls the styling and makeup off perfectly.

I understand what they were going for, but I'm not sure whether it works for this new Vogue Russia. And it looks like a watered down version of Hedi's past work for this magazine. Maybe because of that very reason it will for them.

I suppose now that Cara is of age, all the Vogues will come knocking.

It indeed looks a bit dated, but nevertheless, the girl is gorgeous here. Resembles Gierdre Dukauskaite here.

Review

Celine Bouly and Tom Ray by Benoit Peverelli 4 pgs
Fiona Zanetti by Benoit Peverelli 3 pgs
Manon by Alina Asmus, styled by Laura Alvarez 5 pgs
Lea Julian by Driu & Tiago, styled by Zolototrubova 3 pgs
butts and jewelry by Alexey Kiselev, styled by Dunina 4 pgs
Sasha and Sonia Komarovi by Erik Panov 4 pgs

cover story 11 pgs
Shelby Hayes by Agata P, styled by Vashenyak 12 pgs
Sasha Belyaeva by Elizaveta Porodina, styled by Alexander Zoobrilin 7 pgs
Belle Pierson and Linda Slava by Driu & Tiago, styled by Zolototrubova 4 pgs
Kaya Scodelario by Driu & Tiago, styled by Zolototrubova 3 pgs
Amanda Murphy by Clare Rothstein, styled by Zolototrubova 10 pgs

I don’t understand the difference between Olga and vashenyak job

Quite like this, honestly failing to pick out anything negative about the cover as a whole. I do love the darkness of the shot mixed with the pale pink and white fonts, I also like the sleek art direction and the styling (the leather, the eye makeup and Cara's polished bob).

Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Svetlana Vashenyak
Hair: Shingo Shibata
Makeup: Helene Vasnier
Manicure: Annarel Furina
Cast: Cara Taylor

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

Photographer: Agata Popieszynska​
Stylist: Svetlana Vashenyak
Hair & Makeup: Julia Tochilova
Cast: Shelby Hayes

Shot on location in Bali