Vogue Russia December 2020 : Steinberg & Simona Kust by Vito Fernicola

I want it, I'll take both thanks!
I find these covers spectacular, if only for the dynamic poses and art direction. And then there's still the styling. Certainly the best VR covers in some time. It's not very festive, but it's fashion-forward in a classic way that makes it better than Alt's double cover with Vittoria and Rebecca. Great work!

Don't normally care for Steinberg, but she looks amazing. As do the other girl.

I think that models with stronger (or more commercial) features would've made this work. This way, nah...

I love it! It has a dated look to it that I’m digging!

I can see this as something Franca Sozzani would produce with a tagline “NEW SHAPES”

The first one reminds me so much of a young Karlie.

Yes, I thought that too! The styling is also reminiscent of a dress Karlie wore during a Vaccarello show. On the other hand, the second cover reminds me of Kris Grikaite.

Intriguing covers. They both look nice but I'd rather keep the first one. I'm distracted by the off-camera look on the second one.

Call me oldfag, but this is a simple nonsense that type of girl as Steinberg became a model, she is just an epitome of backyard ugliness with no charisma or charm and her dyed raven's wing black hair makes me think that she does colouring herself in the public bathroom. And we will observe her more and more on pages of Vogue russia, coz everyone knows this national pride of Russian edition: they put all more or less working Russian models on half of their covers. No wonder that she get 2nd cover this year. And what she had? Few catwalks, disastrous Zara catalog shooting, versace multi-models catalog turned campaign due to COVID and editorial for Vogue Hong kong by Luigi and Iango lately? Is that enough now? Or Vogue Russia decided that they're trendsetters?
Strange thing though that Simona, who's also Russian and had much more fruitful model background only got her first cover.

No!Why such a serious face & gloomy black dresses for the cover of the New Years's issue?I do not feel the holiday mood...
All this I can be seen in the ordinary mirror & the cover of the fashion magazine should be the door to the fairy world.

when it's not Vodianova/Poly/Shayk then it is some filler from Avant

ed previews

vogue.ru

Simona is one of the 2-3 models that I actually find exciting these days.. I don’t think she’s done a lot of work (besides Saint Laurent and Paco Rabanne?) but it’s refreshing to see a model with some sense of style and personality. The preview looks better than the cover.. hopefully they’ll cast her in ‘sunnier’ stories at some point, suits her better than these darker, more serious stuff that they seem to cast her in just because.. strong bone structure and no eyesbrows?

Vogue Russia December 2020

Photographer: Vito Fernicola
Stylist: Katerina Zolototrubova
Hair: Kalle Eklund
Makeup: Patrick Glatthaar
Cast: Simona Knust, Steinberg

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

Photographer: Elizaveta Porodina
Stylist: Elia Lucia
Hair: James Catalano
Makeup: Rebecca Davenport
Cast: Celeste Epiphany Waite

Photographer: Yan Yugay
Stylist: Olga Dunina
Hair: Marina Roy
Makeup: Ksenia Valevskaya
Cast: Polina Zavyalova

Photographer: Emmie America
Stylist: Olga Dunina
Hair: Matina Roy
Makeup: Ksenia Valevskaya
Cast: Oyku Bastas

Photographer: Yulia Gorbachenko
Stylist: Sandy Armeni
Hair: Dennis Gots
Makeup: Holly Silius
Cast: Milla Jovovich

Must admit that I'm a big fan of this month's covers! Simona is giving me serious Bridget Hall vibes in several of the pictures and I love this nostalgic 90s feel to it, it's an excellent story. Elizaveta Porodina is also a highlight in this issue for me. She clearly took over Paolo's turf with this dreamy aesthetic that he used to do so well. Always such a delight to see her work in magazines!

Overall, it's quite a solid issue for Vogue Russia this month, surprisingly strong. There's not a single editorial that screams ugliness, which in itself is a big plus for current Vogues. Also love Milla's story, wish it was a bit longer.

Is Jovovich ed original? why she is not on the cover then? They could have used it for november cover at least

those two eds from Dunina... seen such eds in 90th russian magazines when local untalented talents had no idea what they are doing, never thought I'll see this again. and they look more like something from current russian ELLE than Vogue

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->