Vogue Russia November 2019 : Abbey Lee Kershaw by Chris Colls

Damn, that's a great use of a Saint Laurent outfit! The right contrast and the red/beige combo in the masthead make it very sleek, and Abbey looks stunning.

Nice cover, kind of Lindbergh-ish. But why this girl is still around? No any other model was available that day?

I like it. Is it the best shot for a cover, probably not, but I still like it.

I like the image a lot but it’s not the best for a cover shot! Can’t wait to see the editorial

I'm beginning to grow a bit tired of the way Colls does his b&w shots. And anyway, this one looks like a preview cover or an ad. Vogue Russia has been delivering great covers for the past few months, this one isn't it.

Review
Alyssa Sardine by Frankiewicz & Rozniata, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak. 12 pgs
Cover story 6 pgs
Cosima Auermann by Frankiewicz & Rozniata, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak. 4 pgs
Felice Noordhoff by Sgura, styler by Tony Irvine. 11 pgs
Delph Mcnicol, Sara Robaszkiewicz, Vaquel Tyies, Olga Kulibaba, Andra, Jacob by Elizaveta Porodina, styled by Masha Fedorova. 4 pgs
Demy de Vries and Karlijn Kusters by Dudi Hasson, styled by Katerina Zolototrubova. 12 pgs
Riley Keough by Henrique Gendre, styled by Masha Fedorova. 4pgs
4 pgs tribute to Lindbergh

218 pgs + Vogue Business supplement

caioherrero, Vashenyak is contributing fashion editor from this issue together with Zolototrubova

Review
Alyssa Sardine by Frankiewicz & Rozniata, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak. 12 pgs
Cover story 6 pgs
Cosima Auermann by Frankiewicz & Rozniata, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak. 4 pgs
Felice Noordhoff by Sgura, styler by Tony Irvine. 11 pgs
Delph Mcnicol, Sara Robaszkiewicz, Vaquel Tyies, Olga Kulibaba, Andra, Jacob by Elizaveta Porodina, styled by Masha Fedorova. 4 pgs
Demy de Vries and Karlijn Kusters by Dudi Hasson, styled by Katerina Zolototrubova. 12 pgs
Riley Keough by Henrique Gendre, styled by Masha Fedorova. 4pgs
4 pgs tribute to Lindbergh

218 pgs + Vogue Business supplement

Yikes, 7 sets of original content. Impressive!

I wish she would've looked directly into the camera, it'd been a more striking image but I'm not mad at it.

More often than not I loathe full-length cover images with the subject not looking out toward the reader but I was immediately a fan of this. It's different, has a narrative (as @[B]tigerrouge[/B] perfectly pointed out) and I do love how the dramatic styling of the Saint Laurent is complemented by Colls' black and white photography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lofo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->