Vogue Russia October 2018 : Sasha Luss by Olivier Zahm

Crikey, this could have been so much better than what I'm seeing here! I've been a huge supporter of Zahm for Vogue Russia, but this is just so amateur. The composition of the image is all wrong for the layout. And I think a better, more confident pose would have been more effective.

What's with the jacket, which looks so out of place? And Sasha's miniature paw-like hand resting on her leg?

They are clearly going for glamour meets nonchalance but ends up looking sloppy. This is something that an influencer on Instagram wouldn't even dare post.

And Sasha's miniature paw-like hand resting on her leg?

It looks scary indeed.
I'm all for seeing a beautiful sea in October, but it's wasted by the styling which is atrocious.
It's not convincing overall and isn't strong enough as it should be for a cover.
Too bad.

I don't like the styling and the layout, but it's so good to see Sasha again!

I don't mind the cover image much (yeah, it could've been better or at least more zoomed in), but the texts are so out of place, they don't compliment the photo at all. I was a big fan of Sasha in 2014-2015, but I gotta agree with anlabe32, such a random choice now.

Okay the cover image not extended look okay but then I clicked on it and saw whole thing and went "NYEEEEEEEET".

Don't like the styling but happy to see Sasha again. Was wondering when she'd get another cover.

Review
Vogue Choice : Moira Berntz by Victor Vauthier, styled by Olesya Sedova
Jewelry : Polina Oganicheva by Polina Tverdaya, syled by Svetlana Vashenyak

Fernanda Ly by Daria Kobayashi Ritch, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak
Sasha Luss by Olivier Zahm, styled by Masha Fedorova
Daisy Cvitkovic by Agata Pospieszynska, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak
Sabine and Hanna by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Aeri Yun
Valery Kaufman by Ben Hassett, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak
Anna de Rijk by Nick Hudson, styled by Zolototrubova
Diana Vishneva by Ben Hassett, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak

282pages
+Vogue Kids supplement

Former HB Russia fashion director Svetlana Vashenyak debuting in this issue (together with her pal Pospieszynska) as Executive fashion director. Dunina is gone finally. And they have new art director so magazine is redesigned

Review
Vogue Choice : Moira Berntz by Victor Vauthier, styled by Olesya Sedova
Jewelry : Polina Oganicheva by Polina Tverdaya, syled by Svetlana Vashenyak

Fernanda Ly by Daria Kobayashi Ritch, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak
Sasha Luss by Olivier Zahm, styled by Masha Fedorova
Daisy Cvitkovic by Agata Pospieszynska, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak
Sabine and Hanna by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Aeri Yun
Valery Kaufman by Ben Hassett, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak
Anna de Rijk by Nick Hudson, styled by Zolototrubova
Diana Vishneva by Ben Hassett, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak

282pages
+Vogue Kids supplement

Former HB Russia fashion director Svetlana Vashenyak debuting in this issue (together with her pal Pospieszynska) as Executive fashion director. Dunina is gone finally. And they have new art director so magazine is redesigned

Thanks for the review and update, MagFan! :heart: So Vogue Russia still does supplements? That's odd, they must be doing well to get all the advertising.
I don't recall Pospiezynska ever shooting a Vogue cover, may be wrong. But I guess that will change soon, especially considering Svetlana's debut in this issue comes with 4 edits! That's a lot! Glad for Ben Hassett though.

Anyone have photos from inside stories yet? Can't wait to see!

Crikey, this could have been so much better than what I'm seeing here! I've been a huge supporter of Zahm for Vogue Russia, but this is just so amateur. The composition of the image is all wrong for the layout. And I think a better, more confident pose would have been more effective.

What's with the jacket, which looks so out of place? And Sasha's miniature paw-like hand resting on her leg?

OMG THE HAND IS SO SCARY

The hand and the foot are in weird proportion to the body. Not to speak the laziness of the styling. And what's wrong with the cover font? Why so big? The whole thing looks amateur...

Vogue.ru

"ПРОСИТ БУРИ"

Photographer: Olivier Zahm
Stylist: Masha Fedorova
Model: Sasha Luss

Vogue Russia Oct. 2018 PDF

"РАСКРАСКИ ДЛЯ ВЗРОСЛЫХ"

Photographer: Daria Kobayashi Ritch
Stylist: Svetlana Vashenyak
Model: Fernanda Ly

Vogue Russia Oct. 2018 PDF

"СЕЛЬСКАЯ ЧЕСТЬ"