Vogue Russia August 2018 : Faretta by Olivier Zahm

Review
Faretta by Zahm 9 photos
Sarah Brannon by Jason Kibbler, styled by Masha Fedorova 10 photos
Roos van Elk by Ben Weller, styled by Margherita Moro 10 photos

vogue.ru

Oh that first picture is stunning!!

I'm obsessed by that Tom Ford collection so for that alone, bravo.
There's something weird about the lightning...
But sexy...In a early 00's way.

Faretta is such a star, hope to see her on more covers in the future. I'm for once excited for VR editorials. Sarah's first picture looks fantastic and I usually like Ben Weller's work.

Faretta is supermodel meterial. she photogrphs beautifully in sexy and glamourous shoots. she gives me early Giselle vibes. I cant undertand why she is no ore booked for big photographers anymore

She always looks halfway sleep...tacky and awful, that color hurts my eyes.

Budget, I imagine. Their pockets are shrinking, but most of the big name photographers are not prepared to take a knock. I'm sure it cost them less to employ Zahm than Sorrenti and M&M. At the end of the day I think it ultimately depends on the image. If Zahm can deliver something like this, then I'd take it over another underwater Sorrenti nympho.

Wait, I thought shooting for magazines like Vogue, the photographers, models, etc. weren't really paid, as it's a sort of big deal to be in those mags and it's advertising for said creatives. Is this not really the case?

Wait, I thought shooting for magazines like Vogue, the photographers, models, etc. weren't really paid, as it's a sort of big deal to be in those mags and it's advertising for said creatives. Is this not really the case?

You are right in thinking that, for models and photographers, magazine edits are basically a platform to increase their profile and to keep them relevant. Because it often leads to more campaign work etc.
They do still get paid for magazine work, although not much. Big name photographers like Meisel, M&M, I&V etc etc probably reap above average amounts, but it's relative of course and still way less than what they'd get for a campaign. I'm assuming Demarchelier would've entered into a semi-exclusive with Vogue Russia in 2016? A deal like that would probably have been a bit of an earner for him.

Generally a budget would be assigned to a shoot, and the editor will hire whoever would fall in line with that figure. But nowadays budgets are not that high and some magazines look at ingenious ways to come up smiling. Venetia Scott, masthead fashion director at British Vogue, styling and shooting her own story is a prime example of cutting corners. The magazine looks high profile and profitable to readers and advertisers because they can afford to have a travel filler edit in an April issue with two relatively high-profile models, Venetia can showcase both her styling and photography skills, and the models will have one of the top 4 Vogues on their resume. It's a win-win situation but they all need each other.

I think Vogue Russia nailed it this month (even though I did shudder when I read Olivier Zahm was the photographer). This is right up Zahm's street, looks very Purple but somehow also still feels very Russian Vogue, while making a fashion statement as opposed to just Lily-Rose Depp on the cover wearing Chanel because she's brand ambassador.

Venetia Scott, masthead fashion director at British Vogue, styling and shooting her own story is a prime example of cutting corners. The magazine looks high profile and profitable to readers and advertisers because they can afford to have a travel filler edit in an April issue with two relatively high-profile models, Venetia can showcase both her styling and photography skills, and the models will have one of the top 4 Vogues on their resume. It's a win-win situation but they all need each other.

Is that so? I would have just thought it was just Venetia having a bit of a an ego trip with her new position, harsh times when even UK Vogue is turning to such measures. I'll say that at least her recent work has improved from where she started (those W shoots were dismal) but her styling remains unimaginative to say the least.

Jason Kibbler - Photographer
Rolando Beauchamp - Hair Stylist
Yuki Hayashi - Makeup Artist
David Chen - Casting Director
Model - Sarah Brannon

models.com

I love Faretta and her sexy cover. Sex sells! I'll buy it.

ЛЕО, МОЙ ЛЕО
Photographer:
Olivier Zahm
Stylist: Katerina Zolototrubova
Hair: Seb Bascle
Make-Up: Kathy Le Sant
Model: Faretta Radić

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

I wouldn’t appreciate this coverstory as much if it weren’t for her supreme Vogue Spain coverstory from the same month.

Seeing the VS edit in its complete presentation is so much more alluring, and intoxicatingly romantic and melancholic. The imagery is what individual dream-dressing rather than aspirational-dressing is all about, and how to set the tone for this coming season. The inclusion of a couple more models would have been supreme. The model in the following edit “Remans Tropica” by Txema Yeste would have been a great match for Feretta. I love the way Camilla shoots, full of mood and texture, and such pure ease— and oozes cinematic richness. Like Ellen did back in the 90s.

So this serves as a strong antithesis to the romantic mood of that story: Unapologetically vampy, bourgeois, trashy and flashy. And because she looks younger than her age, there’s also something uncomfortable but provocative about how she’s dressed here.There’s something very genuine about Faretta: She reminds of Mila, Brandy Quinones and Valerie Kaprisky in their youth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->