Vogue Scandinavia December 2021/January 2022 : Malaika Holmén by Benjamin Alexander Huseby

Aside from the hideous font, I also don't like the lighting of that photo.

The font plus the styling are enough to make this cover go from forgettable to hideous.

Someone promised that the debut cover would be Freja and Iselin by Mikael Jansson. Where is this cover? I demand the ban of the person who didn’t keep the promise!

Looks like an outtake from a catalogue. A cropped shot emphasizing the haircut and jacket would have been a lot better.

I'm just happy to see Huseby. Please, don't mind me.

This magazine looks like Vogue Turkey 2.0, so unneccessary.

meh... and why it's only available online and not in stores?,..because of Covid?...i checked their site and they charge 20 euro for the past issue with Helena C....crazy...

meh... and why it's only available online and not in stores?,..because of Covid?...i checked their site and they charge 20 euro for the past issue with Helena C....crazy...
Im living in Iceland and we also dont have it in store. They selling this vogue just online not becouse od covid just becouse of sustainable fashion.

Most magazines manage a decent lifespan before they depart the printed world for the more insubstantial realm of the digital one.

This edition is so pointless that it's been digital-led from the start. They may claim that not focusing on producing/distributing a print version is a deliberate decision consciously made for environmental purposes, but it's far more likely that the magazine's existence has been mistimed and the money no longer exists to support the creation of a proper magazine, and the best opportunity the title has, is to be an online collection of 'content' supposedly elevated by the Vogue title, but probably no different to any other site trying to flog you fashion and lifestyle products via affiliate links in articles.

But remember, it's all about protecting the environment.

Someone promised that the debut cover would be Freja and Iselin by Mikael Jansson. Where is this cover? I demand the ban of the person who didn’t keep the promise!

I would love that!
instantly reminded me of the superb cover and spread for Vogue Italia (The Fur issue), by Meisel.
those days are long gone.

Most magazines manage a decent lifespan before they depart the printed world for the more insubstantial realm of the digital one.

This edition is so pointless that it's been digital-led from the start. They may claim that not focusing on producing/distributing a print version is a deliberate decision consciously made for environmental purposes, but it's far more likely that the magazine's existence has been mistimed and the money no longer exists to support the creation of a proper magazine, and the best opportunity the title has, is to be an online collection of 'content' supposedly elevated by the Vogue title, but probably no different to any other site trying to flog you fashion and lifestyle products via affiliate links in articles.

But remember, it's all about protecting the environment.
It’s not only digital. You can get a physical copy by ordering it online.

It’s not only digital. You can get a physical copy by ordering it online.

That's why I said they're 'not focusing' on it - the print edition is available but it's definitely not their main focus, unlike most other editions of Vogue, which started out when print was stronger, still follow that traditional template to some extent, and can at least still be bought on some of the newsstands in their own countries.

This is sad… there are so many fantastic Scandinavian models they could feature

That's why I said they're 'not focusing' on it - the print edition is available but it's definitely not their main focus, unlike most other editions of Vogue, which started out when print was stronger, still follow that traditional template to some extent, and can at least still be bought on some of the newsstands in their own countries.

Ok it;s not their main focus but still the magazine is printed...or they print depending of the orders they have?....So what's the point? Also i saw they deliver the issue in a box (maybe the reason why it cost 20 euro per issue) or you go one way or the other, it's not that sincere but well....

This is sad… there are so many fantastic Scandinavian models they could feature
I agree and I don't understand why they aren't trying to make a bigger splash when they're just starting out and could use some buzz.

None of their covers are memorable so far and as a Scandinavian myself even I wouldn't want to buy it.

Previews

voguescandinavia

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
limonjuices
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->