Vogue Scandinavia June/July 2022 : Alicia Vikander by Thomas Cristiani

Going on Vogue Scandinavia's store, I see they are selling a 'paper perfume' where they advise: "Spray it on your copy of the magazine and immerse yourself in our universe".

Is this the same universe where, if print magazines get wet with plain water, that's never a good thing, never mind spraying a potentially oily residue over them?

I could just open a scent strip in a vintage Vogue if I wanted that sort of experience - for free.

no one will look good wearing those theatre play costume rejects let alone Alicia Vikander.

curious to see Wixson’s editorial though.

After watching Tomb Raider for the umpteenth time yesterday, I wanted to visit this thread and be pleasantly surprised (like I was with British Harper's Bazaar) but this is... atrocious. Dumbfounded someone at Vogue Scandinavia thought this was worthy of print!

Alicia Vikander appears to just shut down and shows zero signs of life whenever a camera is put in front of her, which I continue to find baffling. She's dressed in a truly hideous Vuitton getup, the angle is shockingly bad and the lank posing is horrific. A massive thumbs down for this.

The enigma is in fact when we'll see her shine in a print magazine....when???

She's asleep on the cover? Anyway, Alicia poses with the same expression on every cover than she gets.

Is she melting? Looks like a costume party and she showed up as a mop. One of the worst Vikander covers and thats saying a lot since they're all bad. How does she keep booking HF gigs? Does she move much LV product? Anyone know? True mystery.

The recipe for a Vogue Scandinavia cover:
  • A Disney-like font on the headline.
  • A white masthead.
  • A hit or miss photo.
Unfortunately, this photo of Alicia is a miss.

They only started their magazine last year, and I'm already bored. They badly need an overhaul.

Going on Vogue Scandinavia's store, I see they are selling a 'paper perfume' where they advise: "Spray it on your copy of the magazine and immerse yourself in our universe".

Is this the same universe where, if print magazines get wet with plain water, that's never a good thing, never mind spraying a potentially oily residue over them?

I could just open a scent strip in a vintage Vogue if I wanted that sort of experience - for free.
They must be crazy. Spray kills magazines. It erases the print inside like moiseture, dust and mites.

'The Enigma of Alicia Vikander'?!
She's an enigma now?
I guess that's one way to spin it.

Love the rebranding of “literally not one person cares enough to know anything about her” to “she’s enigmatic”

Not even MEISEL was able to save Alicia... But let's be honest, she's always pretty much what Louis Vuitton is these days and I don't think there's anyone in the universe better than her to wear what she's wearing on the cover.

I think the best she's ever appeared on a shoot was with Testino for Vanity Fair.

This woman will NEVER be able to look good on a magazine cover, she's bland and doesn't know how to pose or give anything, it's like she's dead.

I saw a photo of her in a metallic LV dress in Cannes and she looked great, the problem is that her persona is limited regarding modeling skills, and editors insisted in convert her in a high fashion girl and she proved many many many times that she is not, so instead of that editors should exploit her more commercial or glam side and they can get better results....

The only enigma is how she convinced anyone that she could star in the remake of Irma Vep, being that she doesn’t have one tenth of Maggie Cheung’s charisma.

I’m very disappointed in Olivier Assayas for remaking it though. Like what’s the point?

Regarding the cover, it looks as if she gives up demonstrating anything. Like even she herself knows she’s bland or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->