Interview June/July 2015 : Alicia, Jai & Domhnall by Craig McDean

I don't know who any of these people are, however I'd buy this on the gorgeous portraits alone. Stunning.

Pretty much echoes my sentiments.

The covers actually feel a bit underwhelming and Lindbergh-esque, but wow that editorial is perfection! Love all of the portraits of the three stars; the emotion feels very genuine and it's so refreshing to see this coming from usually sleek McDean.

Gorgeous, raw, harmonious and worthwhile cover subjects. Dom and Jai definitely deserve some attention. While Alicia might not have the Oscar buzz surrounding her like Lawrence, she's definitely toppled her reign and become the new golden "it" girl.

I wish Jai wasn't so bearded up but the man is still all versions of FINE!

Domhnall's cover is striking.

Domhnall :wub: I love that gorgeous man so much!
Jai is looking very fine as well and Alicia always shines.

I like all of them besides Jai's, the pose just isn't as good as the other two but overall I think they're powerful photos.

The New Wave
Photographer:
Craig McDean
Stylist: Karl Templer
Stars: Joe Cole, Melissa Benoist, Freddie Fox, Quincy Brown, Bel Powley, Aurora Perrineau, Kiersey Clemons, Billie Lourd, Ben Rosenfield, Anya Taylor-Joy, Adria Arjona, Avan Jogia, Ana de Armas, Daniel Kaluuya, Karl Glusman & Billy Howle
Make-Up: Peter Philips
Hair: James Pecis

interviewmagazine.com

Thanks Melancholybaby!

This is magnificent.

If Franca is auditioning photographers for the lead at IV, just give the job to McDean already.

Wow, thats a fantastic set of portraits, cover stories included.

Jai and Domhnall :wub: FREDDIE:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Very nice, love Alicia. But I am rather clueless about the rest, so clueless I thought the first girl in the previous page was Jesse Andrews. :ninja: :lol:

I see Templer is recycling ideas/aesthetic conceits from nearly a decade ago :innocent:...but this piece is individual, let along magnificent enough to stand on its own!

Peter's slap work certainly enhances the portraits and improves upon the clarity of McDean's imagery; let's not forget how closely this man was working with Penn in latter years.

There are two fashion editorials in this issue.

One by Mikael Jansson

X5A4z4Z.jpg

And the other by Fabien Baron

4MWSlDV.jpg

*instagram/worldmcqueen

I see Templer is recycling ideas/aesthetic conceits from nearly a decade ago :innocent:...but this piece is individual, let along magnificent enough to stand on its own!

Peter's slap work certainly enhances the portraits and improves upon the clarity of McDean's imagery; let's not forget how closely this man was working with Penn in latter years.

There's definitely a mid-2000 vibe to these images, but I think they can get away with it since they've always been more timeless than of-the-moment trendiness in its aesthetic.

Ooh, looking forward to Fabien Baron's story. Who's that girl?

lmao i guess selfie-sticks were bound to pop-up in fashion mags sooner or later. those things aside, looks like a nice ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaanok
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->