Vogue Taiwan September 2020 : Jessie Hsu by Zhong Lin

I actually love this

Everything works here! :heart:

I've been longing to leave a positive comment in the Magazines forum for what feels like a million years now.

Incredible image and the art direction feels just right. It reminds me of Vogue's beautiful covers from 1930s/40s with this rather unconventional style and composition of the image. This is how you properly do 'artsy' covers in Vogue. Not with ghastly illustrations or unflattering hideous angles (a la Russia or Hong Kong). Props to Vogue Taiwan! They did a great job, easily my favorite Vogue September cover this year.

I love that greyish blue against the greenery and then the white glove reaching towards us...very hopeful but not at all in a cheesy way. Vogue Taiwan putting in the work and creativity.

Excited to see if there's more shots as beautiful as this one.

This is gorgeous! One of the best september covers by far

It kinda looks like a jewelry supplement but still I agree it's the best Vogue September cover by far. And who would've thought that Vogue Taiwan is capable of that?! Leslie is doing such an excellent job!

Very fairy tale-ish/folklore-ish. Very pretty and earthy. Too bad the written typeface gives this cover a Christmas card vibe.

Edward's slick Black Panthers Adwoa and Marcus cover is still champion for me.

Editor-in-Chief: Leslie Sun
Photographer: Zhong Lin
Stylist: Joey Lin
Text: Nicole Lee
Model: Jesse Hsu
Makeup: Shin Tsai
Hair: Weic Lin
Editor: Nicole Lee and Christy Yang
Jewelry Editor: Chat Hsu
Prop Designer: Shaun Chang、Shih-Hui Hung

(vogue.com.tw)

Turns out I wasn't so wrong about it looking like a jewelry supplement, the main feature of this edit is the jewelry by Cindy Chao.

beautiful indeed and I love the fact that in each shot there’s this allusion/ metaphor of symbiosis/ connection with Nature.

well done Vogue Taiwan!

Leave it to both Chinese publications to bring something interesting to the table for once. Beautiful.

I was hoping that Vogue Taiwan would win the September battle especially considering how notorious they were here in the past and boy did they go for gold. This is an artistic interpretation of Hope.

This is the content I've been yearning for from Vogue for months. BRAVO!

AMAZING! everything from the cover to the editorial is in harmony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->