Vogue Thailand September 2020 : Nathalie Ducheine by Aekarat Ubonsri

I wish the image were wigger, and without the artwork. It looks promising.

Looks like she's praying - I like that. Religion never even crossed my mind as an interpretation of hope! Would've been an amazing concept if someone actually dared to venture down that thin line bordering on controversy. A big ol' cross, some drama, some darkness and a bit of Madonna influence... ahh, the possibilities! Although perhaps not for Taiwan lol

Not a fan of the cover.

Although perhaps not for Taiwan lol

I'm sure you meant Thailand just like I mean 'bigger', lol.

The Thais are actually a very pious people, so I'm sure many would connect with it on a basic level. But, you know, it's still Vogue. Not sure how expensive it is in Thailand and whether they'll sell big on this issue.

So the graphic is also the word hope written in Thai. And the caption goes, it says that for the first time in Vogue
's 128 year-history, 26 editions came together to present #VogueHope. So I guess it's an internal memo for all.

But to be honest, this just sucks. The irony that Vogue Thailand team are elitists and they supported dictatorship government who have abducted and arrested many people including many youth democracy activists. There's no hope for the future here in Thailand and people at Vogue Thailand already knew this. They are even vocal about current democracy movement here yet jumped on the bandwagon for BLM. Anna, this backfires so much. The hypocrisy. I just can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zr90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->