Vogue Turkey March 2010 : Jessica Stam by Patrick Demarchelier

^mean? no it wasn't mean, i actually had the same feeling, except i thought "if they couldn't get gemma they should have tried to get lily" :lol:

So the one with Isabeli as the cover's a hoax?

It seems it was never an actual cover, it was just a shot created to fill the space on a directory page with Vogue Turkey's contact details.

I welcome every new launch of an Elle, Vogue or Bazaar, the future of print magazines seems to be expansion for the ones who have figured out a successful formula and have a name that represents certain established values. Much as that might contradict the predictions of those people hunching over a laptop or tapping into a phone, thinking that the future will gradually narrow down to nothing else but those things.

Some pics from the event

[istanbulfashionaddict.blogspot.com]

The cover shot is beautiful, but makes a rather boring cover. Still very happy and excited about the issue :woot:

A pristine pile of freshly-printed issues, what a sight!

I welcome every new launch of an Elle, Vogue or Bazaar, the future of print magazines seems to be expansion for the ones who have figured out a successful formula and have a name that represents certain established values. Much as that might contradict the predictions of those people hunching over a laptop or tapping into a phone, thinking that the future will gradually narrow down to nothing else but those things.

i wish both lived together.
but we have to know paper is going bad. people working in the printing industry are sort of worried. the daily french press is really bad.
anyway, i know books and magazines will last forever (i hope til i die, at least. selfish moment). since i think having something in hands, touching, feeling, smelling etc. will be very important forever. but we have to be aware of dematerialization, ebooks, internet etc and evolution of human beings ( or is this just a sci-fi novel ?)
we can only be happy with both living happily together, imo.

* i hope i did understand (and write) right.

PLEASE what's inside ????? I'm dying to see !
what time is it in Turkey ???

it looks nice and thick!
can't wait to hear about the editorials
seems to be a promising issue!

Some lovely lady told me about the contents through Twitter :flower::lol:

Andreea Diaconu by Mariano Vivanco (Outdoor Shoot in Mardin, Turkey)
Heather Marks by Max Vadukul (Outdoor Shoot in Istanbul)
Alana Zimmer by Arthur Elgort (Studio Shoot in New York)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not a fan of the styling used on the cover but it's not really relevant.
this angle is great for stam and it looks harmonic.
the content seems to be great, especially vadukul's editorial. istanbul is an interesting city and i love his work.

I'm ecstatic that they didn't go with the US Vogue multi-model concept like Vogue China and Vogue India did. And I am ecstatic that this looks excellent. For some reason, the cover reminds me of Eva-Jay Kubatova's Vogue Italia cover/story from 2002 (google it :P ) The color scheme is the same I think. Too bad there isn't a story with Stam inside. And the rest of the contents sound kinda on the dull side....But we'll see!

I must be the only one who thinks the cover is really awful. ^_^

WoW Jessica on a cover, it's been a while. I love the color combinations they used. The orange detail on the dress fits perfectly amon the sot browns and greens. Such a stunner.
Good beginning! Lets hope that they can keep it up like this every single issue.

I love this cover! It's so simple yet so striking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->