Vogue Turkey Premiere Issue : Isabeli Fontana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks very Vogue. But finally when Vogue didn`t cover models head with the giant G, it looks odd anyway. But just that part, Isabeli is fab.

The cover is not good at all. Hopefully this magazine will improve, but I doubt it. I think it will sell in its contry, and some around it, but I don't think it will reach international status like Vogue Italia, Vogue, or Vogue Paris. I think it will be somewhat like Vogue Hellas or Vogue Portugal. Also, if Conde Nast was going to start a new Vogue why Turkey?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dated. Very dated. For a premier issue in 2010, I feel like they could of done something with more of an edge.
The masthead 'O' looks squashed and I'm no fan of the fonts either.

Titles on the cover:

Inspirational women of Istanbul
Spring's hot variations
120 Secrets of Make-Up

I'm happy for Vogue Turkey! YAY! :clap:

The cover, however, is seriously not a good pioneer cover. Sure, Isabeli looks beautiful but it's very run-of-the-mill. I imagine it doesn't take much effort to produce it. But anyway, I think it's also a good strategy to start with solid, simple covers and improve as time goes by -- adapting to the Turkish fashion taste as it goes along. Cheers to Vogue Turkey! :clap: :flower:

What a cover...cheap to die..Apparently VOGUE got another mediocre member

Is this really the cover? If so bad job. The title of the magazine is not fully visible, the model isn't making eye-contact and the font is ugly. I think you want neither of that for a premier issue. Also, it says 'May', I thought March was gonna be the premier issue? Plus, what other non-English Vogues write the name of the month in English? March would be Mart in Turkish and May would be Mayis. Makes more sense to me. Call me confused....

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure this is the actual cover? Becuase it looks really amateur, maybe it's just a teaser...?

Isabeli looks stunning, which is something you won't hear me say often, but that cover is jank. I think what ruins it is the text. The placement and the font are really amateurish and cheap looking.

is it actually a new photo? because for some reason, i feel like I've seen this before.

^I have the same feeling. I think it's just a teaser cover.

Yeah, I just noticed it says "MAY" instead of "MARCH". A very early preview or a typo?

Oh guys come on :rolleyes:
Its the first issue they have to find out whats right and whats not... Sure the Letters are a bit wrong and so on but Turkey is not the fashion capital. And maybe also money is a big theme there. So lets be happy that we will see many covers with our faves :heart:

^ i hope it's not a typo lol, because that wouldn't be very Vogue-like :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->