Vogue Ukraine June 2019 : Mariam de Vinzelle by Leon Mark

Not sure why her mouth area looks like she's toothless (too pouty, perhaps?), but I like everything else. The glossy blue and black looks luxe, and very happy for Mariam.

Is this homage to Helena Christensen's Chanel campaign? If so, then this required a take 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... scrap!
The girl looks confused. Mind you, I would be too if I ended up fully clothed in the pool/sea... But I do think this shot required much much much more confidence in her expression.

The colors are absolutely gorgeous. Everything else is dreadful. What's happening to her face? I don't know who she is but she might be more suited to radio modeling.

I didn't know who this girl was but I now see she's a LV girl.. Ashley is usually the best at finding new faces but I think she has made a blunder with this one.. She looks uncomfortable (and not only here, but in every pic I saw of her) and her mouth is always off. Her look is not really remarkable as well. It's a pity because the cover had potential, another model would have slayed this. I'm thinking of someone with a mature and chic look like Anja and Karmen Pedaru or a classic bombshell like Isabeli and Doutzen.

It could have worked with different styling.
Something sportier rather than that heavy dress.

Good cover, I like the luxurious feeling to this. But yeah, a stronger face or at least a stronger makeup on this girl would've make it more impactful, a la Iselin Steiro in VP's summer 2016 issue.

At first glance, I thought this was the new cover of Vogue Paris until I noticed the masthead. I kinda like the juxtaposition between how youthful Mariam looks and the heavy styling of the Saint Laurent. First cover of Vogue Ukraine I’ve been immediately drawn to in months... or years!

I really don't understand how she manages to be a model because she is very unattractive. Are her parents rich?

Wow, this is bad. Styling doesn't work unless this is some badly executed Lolita, no creativity whatsoever – we have seen covers with water already 384593 times this year from various editions.
Also, if you want to do a shot like this, then you, Vogue UA team, should look not at ANTM for a reference, but at Versace SS 2012 perhaps?
I am sure I cannot be the only one, who sees this cover as a cheap, tasteless attempt at this:

versace41.jpg

(source: Fashion Gone Rogue)

The background is nice but she looks awfully young and like she's trying on her mother's dress.

Technical photography-wise, this is beautiful.
As a composition and a cover, sure.
The styling is great as well.
Putting it all together with the model? My goddess, this cover is just.... bad. Really really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->