Vogue World: Paris - Live Fashion Event 2024

lol @ them not mentioning the names of the AMERICAN designers they're referencing in the 1970s Battle of Versailles segment.... Poor Halston, Stephen Burrows, etc.

Exactly! I mean, the best people to sell that fake idea of Paris are still Americans!

This is Funny Faces by Vogue in 2024 lol
They way Americans portray France AND the way France portrays America is so... lol... just two sides of the same coin. These two countries and their secret love affair since the American Revolutionary War, no matter how much they try to supress it.

Last edited:
Kendall looked utterly horrified on that horse and like she was on the edge of a breakdown for the remainder. Anna's insistence on sport and fashion being on in the same, especially tennis, is exhausting. Like church and state, they should be separated. The majority of this made no sense, but Carine's styling is always nice to see. Probably the best section. And why was BadBunny wearing a suit onesie????

I might be the only one but I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this. It was loud, sporty and corny yet still 100% fashion with actual models and fashion which was a relief after an insufferable mens and resort season where some of the shows were too dull that I could barely finish them. This brought back that fun and personality that we barely see on the runway. I wish the finale had some of the top French supermodels of all time also having Cara doing the VO was a strange choice.

They way Americans portray France AND the way France portrays America is so... lol... just two sides of the same coin. These two countries and their secret love affair since American Revolutionary War, no matter how much they try to supress it.
Exactly. Some lovely older American was telling me that she recently went to Paris and someone, for whatever reason, felt the need to tell her out of nowhere 'I'm not interested in visiting [your state], I'm not interested in the US in general, very ignorant country, but I would like to visit New York one day'.. 😅.. that's literally the equivalent of 'I only want to go to Paris to eat a croissant in front of the Eiffel tower'.. if you only want to go and be loud in Paris or pollute the underfunded AC-less NY subway cars without deodorant in a heat wave, just stay home and rejoice in the idea that you have a clone across the pond.

And why was BadBunny wearing a suit onesie????
It was sooo unflattering.. made him look like he was bloated and wearing a diaper.

Now.. I didn't hate this lol.. I absolutely do not care about the Olympics so this is sugary and dumb enough to be like okay.. maybe I'll care for one second (I won't but I did care enough to look up the dates!).

if you only want to go and be loud in Paris or pollute the underfunded AC-less NY subway cars without deodorant in a heat wave, just stay home and rejoice in the idea that you have a clone across the pond.
I swear, I hear more French on my visits to NYC than I do in my Canadian city (lol, which makes sense), but it really surprised me!!! Time to remember the French family that almost ran over me on their bicycles in Central Park. 😭

Pure cringe.

This epitomizes the current state of fashion. Millions of dollars/euros spent on an absolute CIRCUS of nothing. Pure misery and waste.

The whole thing was so trashy…it was like a RuPaul ballroom showdown meets a Beyonce concert with all those ridiculous dancers making absolute fools of themselves. And Cara’s narration was…something.

Those of us who care deeply about fashion have long been left behind.

It's a little bit dull. I'm not excited by it. I thought it would have worked better on a stage or an actual runway. The outdoor setting is too grand for a show like this. It needed to be bigger!

Fashion's Night Out back in 2010 was so much better.

Pure cringe.

This epitomizes the current state of fashion. Millions of dollars/euros spent on an absolute CIRCUS of nothing. Pure misery and waste.

The whole thing was so trashy…it was like a RuPaul ballroom showdown meets a Beyonce concert with all those ridiculous dancers making absolute fools of themselves. And Cara’s narration was…something.

Those of us who care deeply about fashion have long been left behind.
This kind of event has always existed. Fashion shows for charity for example. As clueless as this and it's okay.

I liked it. It was entertaining, a bit dry in the beginning but quite energetic as it kept going. A well produced American thing in honor or France.
I’m sure the Dumas were all over the moon with the horses stunts.

In France we are good at fashion shows but organizing events in pure entertainment mode is not our forte.

But it is an American spectacle and it impact is worldwide.

There’s no need to be snob or extremely intellectual or offended about it. It’s fun, it was beautiful at the right place and that’s it.

Now, Couture week and by next weekend the mood will probably be less frivolous in France anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dolixx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->