Vote Or Die?

Sloan

I love model_mom!
Reaction score
This makes me really mad! Figures Paris had something to do with it!

From nydailynews.com:

So did they vote?

Or are they gonna die?

The early returns from Sean Combs' mega-hyped Citizen Change campaign suggested that reality television star Paris Hilton and rapper 50 Cent - who appeared in eye-catching posters modeling Combs' "VOTE OR DIE!" T-shirts to encourage voting - didn't make it to the polls yesterday. Another star, rapper Ludacris, did mail in an absentee ballot, according to his publicist.

But Lowdown's spot check of voting records in California, New York and Georgia - where Hilton, Curtis Jackson 3rd (aka 50 Cent) and Christopher Bridges (aka Ludacris), respectively, maintain residences - indicated that the three weren't even registered, let alone exercising their constitutional right.

Citizen Change official Alexis McGill yesterday said that short of bodily hauling celebrities to the polls, the group did everything it could: "Citizen Change contacted every celebrity's representative and was told by each and every one that the celebrities participating in our campaign were registered to vote."

A Citizen Change insider elaborated: "All the celebrities' managers confirmed that they were going to register if they hadn't already. We have to take the managers at their word. We have no business checking up on them - especially because none of the celebs got paid."

Hilton's PR rep, Gina Hoffman, had no comment yesterday, and 50 Cent's flack did not return detailed messages - though as a convicted felon and possibly not eligible, he might be off the hook.

Ludacris' publicist, Bianca Bianconi, said: "I just got off the phone with Ludacris, and he said he absolutely mailed his absentee ballot last week in Fulton County, Ga."

As for P. Diddy, he did a voting photo op yesterday morning at Robert F. Wagner Junior High School on the upper East Side.

Sloan, I think it's time you become more cynical. I say it with love, trust me. It will make your life easier.

ah yes...the great role models of our youth culture...hip hip hooray... :doh: :wacko:

i'm mad too sloan... :angry:
when i was in college i was going door to door in my dorms registering people to vote...and i was still only 17...but i wanted to participate and contribute to the process somehow...

argh!...so mad!!!

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 5 2004, 12:00 PM
ah yes...the great role models of our youth culture...hip hip hooray... :doh:  :wacko:

i'm mad too sloan... :angry:
when i was in college i was going door to door in my dorms registering people to vote...and i was still only 17...but i wanted to participate and contribute to the process somehow...

argh!...so mad!!!
[snapback]419019[/snapback]​

According to a university chancellor I was talking to here in the U of K, university staff have to encourage the student unions to be more political - all they care about is beer subsidies apparently...

The days of wanting change are over?

Originally posted by Sloan@Nov 5 2004, 11:49 AM
...and 50 Cent's flack did not return detailed messages - though as a convicted felon and possibly not eligible, he might be off the hook.
[snapback]419004[/snapback]​
:rofl: I find this terribly funny and ridiculous in a sad way. Like Softgrey said, "the great role models of our youth culture". To think that this guy is an influential celebrity to some people... He's a gangster, people!

I hope when I have children, the current celebrities aren't gangsters, murderers, thieves, child-molesters, and r*pists like they are now.

Originally posted by faust@Nov 5 2004, 11:57 AM
Sloan, I think it's time you become more cynical. I say it with love, trust me. It will make your life easier.
[snapback]419015[/snapback]​

Thanks Faust, but I can totally believe that this happened (look at the people who the article refers to - not the most stand-up individuals) - I am just mad! Or maybe you said that because of some other posts that I have made recently? It was just something that I saw, so I posted it. It is very typical and I wouldn't have expected anything else from this campaign - which was a complete joke to some apparently. I just posted it for the fact that a few plastered themselves all over America for a cause and then didn't deliver. That sucks, at least to me it does! Cheers!
:flower:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Nov 5 2004, 12:46 PM
According to a university chancellor I was talking to here in the U of K, university staff have to encourage the student unions to be more political - all they care about is beer subsidies apparently...

The days of wanting change are over?
[snapback]419092[/snapback]​
they've alll been living in days of prosperity...they have no memory of struggles...so the are spoiled and take for granted that the way it is now, is the way it will always be...if not better...they don't ralize the struggles leading up to now...and that if they are not vigilant..all they have could suddenly and very easily slip away...

and then they will finally start paying attention... i guess alot more people are going to have to die before that happens...
:cry: :(

and of course the rest of us will suffer until they do...

they've alll been living in days of prosperity...they have no memory of struggles...so the are spoiled and take for granted that the way it is now, is the way it will always be...if not better...they don't ralize the struggles leading up to now...and that if they are not vigilant..all they have could suddenly and very easily slip away...

too true!

Originally posted by Sloan@Nov 5 2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks Faust, but I can totally believe that this happened (look at the people who the article refers to - not the most stand-up individuals) - I am just mad! Or maybe you said that because of some other posts that I have made recently? It was just something that I saw, so I posted it. It is very typical and I wouldn't have expected anything else from this campaign - which was a complete joke to some apparently. I just posted it for the fact that a few plastered themselves all over America for a cause and then didn't deliver. That sucks, at least to me it does! Cheers!
[snapback]419153[/snapback]​

Oh, no, that's not what I meant, I'm sure it's true. I meant that to be angry at something so unsurprising is just wearing yourself out. That's what I meant :flower:

Hypocrisy reigns supreme apparently.......in all aspects of politics. It's pathetic.

Originally posted by faust@Nov 5 2004, 02:16 PM
Oh, no, that's not what I meant, I'm sure it's true. I meant that to be angry at something so unsurprising is just wearing yourself out. That's what I meant :flower:
[snapback]419225[/snapback]​
Thanks for clarifying. It angers me - I am not so mad that I am just sitting here at my desk in complete rage or anything! :wink: It is just so typical! :flower:

We had to know this was going to happen.. the celebs involved rarely think about what they are doing, namely Paris. If there's a photo op involved, she's there, no matter what.

haha, I love the use of the :flower: smiley to keep things cool in this thread.

Originally posted by MulletProof@Nov 5 2004, 03:59 PM
haha, I love the use of the :flower: smiley to keep things cool in this thread.
[snapback]419405[/snapback]​

:P

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 5 2004, 01:44 PM

and then they will finally start paying attention... i guess alot more people are going to have to die before that happens...
:cry: :(

and of course the rest of us will suffer until they do...
[snapback]419156[/snapback]​

I completely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->