VPL F/W 09.10 New York

holy cow, there are some really great ideas in this. the whole thing seems concise and fits together well. i would have a blast playing with lots of the loose fitting first pieces.

ironic you say that,kiddo seeing as victoria bartlett was/is a stylist. you would think it would be more concise and less all over the place.

I'm seeing Margiela here.

Not too nice a collection.
Though I'm liking the sleeves on some of the jacket/coats.

I agree that it's not the most coherent/well-edited collection but I really love it anyway. :heart: I love the interplay of the cozy knits with her bandagey underpinnings. Lots and lots that I would happily wear here.

^i agree. in spite of the fact that it lacks cohesion the strength of the clothes themselves redeem it for me.

i dont get how this isnt coherent...
i thought it was incredible
victoria is so good at what she does
she does under-garment like no other

Too American Apparel-ish for my taste.
Great color palette though.

The only piece I find interesting is the
flowing skirt/pant in lilac. :flower:

i dont get how this isnt coherent...
i thought it was incredible
victoria is so good at what she does
she does under-garment like no other

well its a tad all-over the place to me...not a real focal point. but i love the clothes though. did not say the clothes weren't great,just that the vision isn't clear. but of course,its irrelevant ultimately because the clothes are actually very strong.

i did want to add to your comment about her sense of undergarment.....i am really happy to see that she's developed that into something more original. initially that aspect,in my view,was a bit too close to the aesthetics of a.f. vandevorst's undergarment's but victoria has really evolved in the last couple years.

It's a strange collection imo. I really like the first looks and then at some point it turns into wtf happened here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->