W Korea March 2010 : Anja Rubik by David Byun

:clap: Nice! 5th W Korea Anniversary, and what more beautiful way to celebrate than to have Anja and Karlie :innocent: and Angela on the cover! Fantastic layout btw, adore it despite and inspite of its simplicity.

I may be the only one but this format and simplicity gets boring. The pose as well. Nothing standout-ish.

^ You're not the only one. I think there's something really weird in this shot, I think the pose and also the dress just doesn't work with the cover's vibe. Or perhaps that's the hairstyle, it seems to sexy with the rest. Or maybe just Anja doesn't fit the vibe of the whole thing...

Wow! Although I hardly recognize her here, Anja's cover is one of my favorite magazine covers in a long while! I love it! :woot:

This just goes to show you can produce a good cover shot in as boring an environment as a studio, but also that it takes two to tango. This cover wouldn't have been even close to what it is now without the genius placement (and styling) of the text. That's also my favorite magazine cover font in a long while; I'd actually love to know what it is so I might use it for my own purposes.

Can't wait to see the other covers, excited for both Karlie and Angela (if more for the former)! :D

... :shock: I am absolutely mesmerized by the mindfrak that is the "5", as wrapped around Anja. I can't stop looking at it.

she look like she just broke her back; she is too young to look that bad posing that way.

she look like she just broke her back; she is too young to look that bad posing that way.

I think I'd agree with you if it weren't for the positioning of the text, which is really what makes this cover for me, and therein justifies the crouched pose. If it weren't for the font and the awesomeness of the "5" wrapped around her body, I might feel otherwise about this cover (and cover shot).

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cover - simple but eye-catching is the same way. Lovely colours and Anja looks very cute.

Angela Lindvall and Karlie Kloss also have covers and editorials.

2qa0ml5.jpg

znmzy9.jpg

v7h1t4.jpg

snnz7p.jpg

2db0a52.jpg

2ngs94n.jpg

117gtvk.jpg
dp8her.jpg

2m5xk3s.jpg

2ekm2bc.jpg

6pqna8.jpg

4l56jt.jpg

2hex3lw.jpg

2dgq6w1.jpg
vscdue.jpg

Courtesy of David Byun

Anja's cover is definitely the best looking. Karlie's little-china-girl crop looks horrible on her.

^^ Agreed on Karlie's do. It looks like that forehead could go on for days. :lol:

I like Angela's cover, and it's a minor surprise I do, but it's not particularly special. I remember how people where criticizing Rihanna for going for the peeved-look in her recent W cover shoot as opposed to actual fierce. I think the same criticism applies here. Lovely colors, though.

The eds are nice as well, particularly Angela's. None of them really have the "wow-effect" I'd expect of something this colorful and purposely lighted, but I like Angela's collage of close-ups and the picture in which she stands against the clearer red background. Anja's ed looks good, too, and will probably look even better in print. Where are the t*t shots, though? :lol:

Not really feeling Karlie's ed, however. Somehow this isn't what I expected, and although the last shot has an interesting, puppeteer-y quality to it, the rest do absolutely nothing for me.

That Louis Vuitton pattern makes me cringe every time I see it. :yuk:

Thanks for the previews, Bert Berlin! :flower:

hahaha yeah; karlie needs a hairline adjustment on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vibehats
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->