W Magazine January 2012 : Carey Mulligan by Michael Thompson

Can't wait to buy this to show the cover to all my friends who give me a weird look when I express my love for Carey!! Gorgeous cover:blush: :blush:

Carey definitely went back to boring me with that inside editorial. Not really understanding how these pictures tie together to tell a story either, maybe they weren't intending to though.

Michael Thompson is criminally underrated, I'm so glad to see him shooting covers for W again, because much of his work for W has been truly outstanding. Carey is wonderful in this editorial too, she's clearly not a model but her emotion shines through in ever shot, in a way that some models lack.

Great start to the year for W.

This is one beautiful cover! I love how the pose looks so regal even though she`s popping her breasts out. What a good way to start the year! I love the colors of pink, white and gray combined. Although, I don`t like the text, it seems that every word is struggling to stand out. None the less, beautiful!

I am pretty much for Cara`s editorial! From the previews, it seems amazing!

What a fab start for the new year, Carey has never looked more beautiful than on this cover:woot: and the edit is really captures her spirit love the Prada car dress she looks so darn cute in it:heart:. Excited for the rest of Best in Class too, esp for Lilys shots:D

Carey's feature pics are superb and Michael Thompson has done a great job in capturing her timeless beauty. Well impressed. :heart:

Best in Class
Models: Jourdan Dunn, Lily Donaldson, Cara Delevingne and Nyasha Matonhodze
Photographer: Emma Summerton
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Make-Up: Miranda Joyce

vampirehorde @ fashion scans remastered

Last edited by a moderator:
^This looks good. I'm a sucker of the these kind of 'new collections' eds.

^This looks good. I'm a sucker of the these kind of 'new collections' eds.
Me too! I guess I would've enjoyed it more if all shots were as simple as the white background ones.
The cover is good as well, so nice to see Thompson getting W covers again.

I only like Carey when she doesn't smile. She looks so goofy and weird in the second last photo, it's so unnatural looking.

Love the Summerton ed. And I forgot just how amazing Lily is in editorials.

Best in Class is officially one of my fav editorials :wub:

could Cara be any more boring? she looks so lifeless compared to the amazingness of Lily, Jourdan, and Nyasha. but other than that, it's a great editorial

^ Glad someone else said it. Lily POPS next to Cara whereas she looking like a sulking child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->