W Magazine November 2009 : Linda Evangelista by Pierpaolo Ferrari

I like it!. NO! I LOVE IT!

I usually don't like any cover of the Art issue of W, but that looks great..

Mikel, I wouldn't even bother. This kind of model hate is so silly and immature. Linda is one of the sweetest people on the planet but she's always going to be judged by some ancient statements that were misinterpreted.

This cover is nothing less than spectacular!:heart::heart:

you know i think there's no need to be insulting, i don't judge her or hate her, i just don't like her as a model, and that's all!:smile:

why on earth is Juergen Teller in this issue!?!?!?!? sorry to his fans but i just don't like his photography style at all.

This is easily the best damn thing I've seen all month. From the concept to the execution. Here is a larger version of the cover. I am hoping that there are HQs put on Pierpaolo's site because this edit is NOT scanner friendly and it deserves to be viewed large scale.

Maurizio Cattelan
Ph. Pierpaolo Ferrari
Curator: Dennis Freedman
Model: Linda Evangelista
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson

Preview:

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from W Nov 09

Last edited by a moderator:
Inside story (in which is featured Linda) is about Maurizio Cattelan.

Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan is best known for his subversive, hyper-realistic sculptures—including depictions of Pope John Paul II being hit by a meteorite, a child-size Hitler kneeling in prayer and a suicidal squirrel. For W’s Art Issue, he conceived a politically and religiously charged portfolio featuring supermodel Linda Evangelista. “She’s a still actress,” says Cattelan of Evangelista. “At the end, she was so tuned-in that all she needed were a couple of words and she knew what we wanted.” A new piece by Cattelan is included in “Pop Life: Art in A Material World,” an exhibition at the Tate Modern in London that runs through January. In February a show focusing on his large-scale works will open at the Menil Collection in Houston. Cattelan cocurated the Berlin Biennial in 2006 and lives in New York and Milan.

Wmagazine

Thank you tarsha!!! I'm very happy that the full edit is already up - just wish W would have them larger. :doh: but either way I just love this story.

^Thanks for posting. Love the spread with the chickens.

And thanks for scanning the previews Luxx.

im also a fan of this cover. Really unusual in many ways and (gasp!) showing some emotion and (gasp!) ideas!
plus (gasp gasp gasp!) America's shaped meat :smile: :P

:woot: seriously, this is a thing to get excited about after a long time for me. thanks for the scan and previews! :flower:

That ed is certainly an eye-opener...the shot with the chickens and the one with Linda lying on the fur carpet in the closet are pretty amazing :smile:

Woah this is even better than the cover, i was not excited after seeing the candids from this shoot, but boy do i take it back!

Every shot in the main ed is great, and that last one is simply sublime. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->