W Magazine Volume #1 2021 : The 'Best Performances' Issue by Juergen Teller

I like Riz and Gal’s pictures. the other two are not really striking IMO and I know it’s Jurgen’s style but this sort of idolised mundane is not my cup of tea at all...

My daddy issues said yes, please to that George cover, but who let him come out in that wrinkled polo? Choices. He's so hot though...

Wow. Just Wow. The Vanessa Kirby cover is a new low not just for W, but for any magazine.

Not all the covers work, but I always enjoy Teller’s Hollywood portfolio for W.

Did he even take this pictures? They look like each of them took it themselves.

It's means than W Magazine is on the decadence on these days.

I know this is Juergen's style but I don't like a lot of these covers.

LMAO there are these sort of viral quasi-memes on Twitter where people posted candid, pedestrian photographs of any celebs (largely bad shots taken by paparazzi) with a caption that says “Juergen Teller for W Magazine”. I seriously can’t stand his photography most of the times. Some of his most tolerable works were the Saint Laurent campaign under Vaccarello, but even that got tiresome after a few seasons, and that Valentino campaign with Adut and Mariacarla. Glad to see the masses drag his lazy aesthetic. But I guess W managed to be the talk of the internet for once.

I don´t know... I always liked Teller´s work but lately, it just looks like he couldn´t be bothered imo.

Good! It's about time people called his work for what it is - scamming. He has been able to get away with it for far too long. All the criticism and outrage seems reserved for Annie Leibovitz who, yes, may occasionally c0ck things up in post production, but at least the production value and her dedication to a shoot is aways present.

I'm particularly chuffed that actual newspapers are weighing in on fashion photography and not just with the usual 'so and so is on the cover of Vogue'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->