W Magazine Volume #1 2024 : The Best Performances Issue by Juergen Teller

Tragic. This kind of photography and "concept" is so embarrassing. OMG SO QUIRKED UP! WOW! HOW CLEVER! THEY'RE IN A TRASHY SOUVENIR SHOP!!! HE'S HOLDING A LOBSTER!!! OMG!

I hope Teyana Taylor is in this issue. She'd be perfect for this no shade

really the lack of concept and the mediocrity on the execution...he needs a better direction, there is nothing interesting...too pretentious....

I use to think that this type of photography is cute but now I realized that they're completely forgettable, I don't remember anything notable from teller's work in the last 5 years. It's really sad that this is considered "good".

You’re telling me you don’t remember Julia Fox laying on top of a pile of dirty snow?!

The Sophia Coppola issue by Meisel was ahead of this typical portfolio. Looks very Edward Enninful. As I said on the cover rumor thread, every year they keep showing the same movie stars over and over, but looking this twice I spot different faces. It's a shame they're using the same concept every season, that's gives me the deja vu thoughts all the time. These january-february issues are the less importants to me. It's not fashion fantasy that I always want, it's an awful series of portraits with zero glamour. Calling Juergen Teller a fashion photographer is some sort of bad joke that I can't understand.

They were severely roasted by their Instagram followers and rightly so. Robert Downey Jr looks like a pervert in that bush. Everyone else looks strung out or hungover. I mean what the hell is this?

W-MAGAZINE-Best-Performances-2024-Issue-PART-ONE-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-1.jpg

W-MAGAZINE-Best-Performances-2024-Issue-PART-ONE-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-2.jpg

W-MAGAZINE-Best-Performances-2024-Issue-PART-ONE-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-0.jpg

tomandlorenzo

^ same. hollywood celebrities are crazy control freak, always perfect, highly fantasised, heavily retouched, etc.

But this industry is dark, vile and truly ugly. I love that he puts them in this kind of environment.

These best performances issues by Juergen Teller (and everyone else) are the absolute worst when it comes to Sara Moonves' W Magazine! Not one, not ONE redeeming cover and this is one of those occasions in which I cannot abide Teller's photography or aesthetic. Major... UGH!

These best performances issues by Juergen Teller are the absolute worst when it comes to Sara Moonves' W Magazine! Not one, not ONE redeeming cover and this is one of those occasions in which I cannot abide Teller's photography or aesthetic. Major... UGH!
Jamie Hawkesworth's best performances portfolio early last year was really great. Moonves should have continued with him or someone else since Teller did these portfolios in the past.

STEALING GLANCES
Photography:
Jamie Hawkesworth
Styling: Brian Molloy
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Make-up: Dick Page
Models: Rianne Van Rompaey & Julia Nobis

W Magazine Digital Edition

“Epic Proportions” and “Stealing Glances” are both quite good.

Juergen’s trolling with his wit and deadpan humour still fully intact is awesome; his sense of clashing textures and compositions to create an interesting shot that’s also convincingly spontaneous; his sensibility to coax insufferable Hollywood stars down a peg or 10 to give them a more bearable aura (…at least some of them); and his skills to carry this easygoing vibe for 70 pages is the kind of creative endurance that the new generation of (un)creatives can’t even carry for a measly 10pg story. The coverstory is quite good when viewed in its intended flow— like going antiquing/thriftstore-hopping/fleamarket scouring on a lazy, sunny Sunday. He’s still got it— unlike many of his too-long-in-the-tooth colleagues.

With these Hollywood people, it’s just good enough-- and that’s because it’s Juergen doing all the heavylifting. Some play along and make it work: Robert Downey Jr, Margo Robbie, Colman Domingo, Jeffrey Wright and Charles Melton are good. Then there’s Jodie Foster and Zac Effron, both have a sadness about them that’s so unexpected— of them and from Juergen. If this shoot were with a cast of strong models— both male and female, then it would be epic.

The other stories are all solid, including the Daniel Lee’s Burberry one. This W can’t touch Patrick McCarthy’s, of course, But then again, we’re far far far from that golden age of fashion.

1 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg2 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg3 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg4 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg5 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg6 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg7 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg8 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg9 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg10 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg11 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg12 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg13 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg14 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg15 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg16 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg17 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg18 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg19 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg20 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg21 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg22 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg23 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg24 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg25 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg26 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg27 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg28 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg29 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg30 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg31 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg32 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg33 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg34 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg35 W Magazine Vol1 2024.jpg
W Magazine Volume 1 2024

I shapped my view with the likes of Ritts, Meisel, Lindbergh, Roversi, Mert and Marcus, Sims, even Annie. Somehow I can't give a place to Teller. His photos are not so different from the average ones you take as a tourist. I can't. I think the same as Vogue28. Sometimes he's really gross.

^ same. hollywood celebrities are crazy control freak, always perfect, highly fantasised, heavily retouched, etc.

But this industry is dark, vile and truly ugly. I love that he puts them in this kind of environment.
I was listening to a podcast with James Scully (who was a former bookings editor at Harper's Bazaar during Kate Betts' short tenure) and he said that he had to leave that job because actors were mostly such awful, disgusting people that he couldn't take dealing with them any longer. Have you ever seen Maps to the Stars? That Julianne Moore character really epitomizes the ugly side of Hollywood to me. (She is so brilliant).

does a single issue have all the repeats of the same actors in the spread or are they variant page like an issue having different covers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->