Director: Spike Lee
Photographer: LaToya Ruby Frazier
Stylist: Ruth E. Carter
Hair: Randy Stodghill
Makeup: D’Andre Michael
Manicure: Ashley V. Williams
Cast: Angela Bassett

W Magazine Digital Edition

^ How lovely. That's like what US Vogue (with Grace) looked like 14 years ago maybe, and the type of rich fashion photography that we only used to see recently in Interview, even if the whole feature is nothing new.

W is so weird. Some of their editorials since Edward's departure (he was always such a weird fit at this mag) are really good, but I just don't know how it keeps on going with that kind of dishwasher content on the cover.

Thanks for posting everything Benn :flower:.

Bel Powley's more fantastic than ever, only interesting thing about this issue to me.

Rianne's story is just superb, the styling is flawless and the subdued photography makes the extravagant 60's clothes pop-out the page. The opening spread with the sparse layout has the nihilistic yet glamourous charm of Antonioni. This is the type of fashion photography that's worth seeing on a printed page.

Emma's story is also very strong, I was inmediately reminded of Amber Valetta's kitshcy Versace campaign by Meisel. I think it really works plus I'd love to know more about this character as envisioned by Yorgos. Marielle Helle's story is not bad at all.

A strong issue after months of fluff and absurdity, the cover's are still forgetable but I'd love to own this number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->