W Volume #5 2018 : Guest Edited by Cate Blanchett

While I really like the cover with the sheer trench, I shudder at the idea of it being plastic. Have recently banished it from my life entirely and I don't understand why it's used in fashion like this. Of course not not on a grand scale but still. Or maybe it's PET plastic.

But the shot is beautiful. I've come across some cinematic Alex Prager previews which looks promising. And it seems Jackie Nickerson also shot her. The Dijkstra shoot (there are other previews floating about) looks like your typical Glamour/Elle/Bazaar fodder. Heavily retouched, generic in style, and her face looks 'weird' again in those shots. I'm now convinced it's down to shoddy retouching because that's not the case with the Bird/Nickerson/Prager images.

Got this in the mail today. 188 pages.

Review:

"Cate"
S: Sara Moonves
Various photographers: Rineke Dijkstra, Alex Prager, Shirin Neshat, Sam Taylor-Johnson, Jackie Nickerson, Viviane Sassen, Cass Bird, Sharna Osborne, Dominique Isserman,

"A Meeting of the Minds"
P: Brigitte Lacombe
S: Sara Moonves
Cate Blanchett, Miuccia Prada, Laurie Anderson, Goshka Macuga, Agnes Varda, Alice Rohrwacher, Ava DuVernay

"Haute to Trot"
P: Stef Mitchell
S: M-A Sauve
M: Blesnya Minher, Clementine Balcaen, Oudey Egone, Hunter Schafer

"Lady of Leisure"
P: Charlotte Wales
S: Katie Grand
M: Adriana Lima

" The Quiet Revolutionary"
P: Libera Mazzoleni
S: Elin Svahn
Maria Grazia Chiuri, models: Kaila Wyatt, Lucan Gillespie, Anyelina Rosa, Hunter Schafer

"Soft Power"
P: Collier Schorr
S: Lotta Volkova
M: Oslo Grace, Amanda Hermansson, Rose Daniels, Caroline Schechtner, Martina Almquist

back page: Stephanie Seymour by Maripol, styled by Nora Milch

I actually really really want this issue now, thanks for the review axiomatic!

I just received it today and it is THIN. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but it looks promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->