Waris Dirie

20087.jpg

{my own scan}

^Oh,yeah from Vogue UK(1993)!
Waris at 45 earlier this year at the Berlin International Film Festival:heart:. She should still be modeling:blush:. Photo Credit:Sean Gallup

she was amazing in pirelli 1997 cal...actually that's my fav pirelli cal:heart:..

and i'm surprised that she had a chanel ad...:shock:is she the first black model that grabbed a chanel ad??...

Couldn't agree more Kasper!:D She looked so great in that calendar:heart: and wiped the floor with all the others who appeared in it including a very young Naomi Campbell.

OMNIFAN9, thanks for the pics from the Berlin Festival:flower:
She still looks great.:D

Does anyone know when the movie with Liya Kebede playing Waris is coming out??? Or was this just a rumour.:unsure:

^The one from '87 right?! I'll agree she was probably my fav from that one but I didn't like the calendar as a whole...btw Naomi was just a kid posing for that calendar,jokes!
**I don't see why she doesn't still work,she's still got a good shape & a superb face. She's definitely one of the few ol'girls who doesn't work full-time but that I wouldn't mind popping up here & there.
***Probably just a rumor I think I heard it like once & that was long ago,jokes.

:(Oh so it was just a rumour:huh: I thought a movie about her life would be really interesting and with Liya supposed to be playing her that made it all the more interesting.........never mind.

And sorry OMNIFAN9 :blush::blush: completely mis-read the year, but I actually like the 1987 one........liked the concept and Waris just stole the show there.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
no, it isn't a rumour^_^.
here's a picture of her filming and the credit is on liya's imdb as well:flower:.
wenn1889997.xlarge.jpg

source: fashionologie

^Well thats even better although I have no idea of Liya's acting ability or much of her personality plus she looks nothing like Waris but I guess another African was good enough for them...I don't know. But hey why am I going there they could've just gotten Beyonce,jokes! But it will be nice to see a story like Dirie's get told.
**I still dislike that calendar(it was so extra IMO)...always have,probably always will,jokes.

I can't wait for the movie. I'm more excited Liya will be playing the role of Waris.
I read her book the desert flower, and loved it! Truly inspirational..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->