Warsaw shopping

wildcard

Reaction score
Me and two girlfriends are taking a trip to the polish capitol city next week, and will be staying for four days. Don`t really know much about the city, so please, enlighten me :smile:

Where and what to shop; any particular good buys? We are interested in spoiling ourselves with some spa-action as well (or massages, manicure etc.); any suggestions? Will appreciate anything regarding museums, galleries, nightlife and dining too!

:P

I have been in Warsaw quite a few times and although I love Poland I am not impressed with the shopping opportunities. You don't really feel it is a capital of a big country.
There is a small street called Chmielna, where you find small shops, otherwise the main streets are Krakowskie Przedmiejscie and Nowy Swiat, and you will also find some shopping centres close to the railway station. In your case I would take the train to Cracow, which is much more charming and interesting and also has better shopping.
I have friends in Poland, so I go there every year. The best purchases I have made are suits. Just simple suits. They are dirt cheap and very good quality. The more ugly the shop the cheaper! There are some big buildings left from Communist time, where people rent a few square metres and sell clothes. It might be partly empty and it looks odd, but you can be lucky.
Otherwise go for jewellery - they have nice and cheap amber, not as "matronly" designed as you often see in the west. Also you will find nice ceramics, glass and woven fabrics.
In Poland they have fantastic food. Especially meat and vegetables are very high quality. Try some Polish food like pierogi, which is a kind of Ravioli. You might also try the homemade sausages, they are delicious.
Have a nice trip!

Shopping in Warsaw

I have to go to Warsaw with work next week. Anyone recommend somewhere to buy miu miu, preferably in central (business) district? I really want the high heel mary jane shoes but they sold out already in Dublin.

not sure if anyone can add to this teensy thread, but if anyone has any updates, greatly appreciated - for me it doesn't have to be specific to Warszawa, b/c I'm visiting family and they're spread out all over the place.

Thanks!

Any boutique updates for Warsaw? I would love to pick up something from local designers!

Vitkac at Bracka - there is a LV boutique, Gucci, Saint Laurent Paris, BV and much more! Plus there is a great hairdresseer Maniewski and good coffee!

Galeria Mokotow - many boutiques of Polish designers

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->