What About Ann Demeulemeester 2004/05

Reaction score
Hi,I am new here

now i realize that ann demeul miss the paris pap fash week

may be you know what happen with her..
I am striven to martine sitbon 2004/05 if she had made it

but ,the substantial abstination is to have some pictures from
MASAKI MATSUSHIMA 2004/05 men's show..

i sow it on fashion tv and was smashed from his white suits,coats,raincoats and white pants and leather gloves
it was murdering also those of sebastian meunier on euro rscg & xav delcour ...
help me with some information what is the name of designer of CLOAK

Originally posted by fashionsophist@Mar 5th, 2004 - 9:05 am
Hi,I am new here

now i realize that ann demeul miss the paris pap fash week

may be you know what happen with her..
I am striven to martine sitbon 2004/05 if she had made it

but ,the substantial abstination is to have some pictures from
MASAKI MATSUSHIMA 2004/05 men's show..

i sow it on fashion tv and was smashed from his white suits,coats,raincoats and white pants and leather gloves
it was murdering also those of sebastian meunier on euro rscg & xav delcour ...
help me with some information what is the name of designer of CLOAK

Welcome to TFS , fashionsophist :flower:

If you do a search on this site , you will find some Masaki Matsushima pics , but they do not do justice to the whole collection , which I also saw on FTV .
A VERY good collection and NOT as extreme as his previous ones before he disappeared from sight for a couple of years .

Ann Demeulemeester had a showroom presentation rather than a full runway show .

I have not seen any pics yet of Martine Sitbon's men's collection . Try www.modaonline.it .

I also saw the Xavier Delcour and Sebastien Meunier clips on FTV - Very good .

AS for the designers of CLOAK , Do another search on this site , as I think they have been mentioned in the past , and try www.hintmag.com , with a search .

Regards

KIT .

It's sad and strange that Ann D didn't have a show - is her business not looking good? :cry: She's always had shows for her collections.

I'd hate to see her in financial trouble. If there's a designer who deserves more commercial acclaim it's her.

Originally posted by Orochian@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:18 am
It's sad and strange that Ann D didn't have a show - is her business not looking good? :cry: She's always had shows for her collections.

I'd hate to see her in financial trouble. If there's a designer who deserves more commercial acclaim it's her.
I agree 100% with you, she's my favorite. I don't think she's in big troblue though, I think she has a strong following in Europe, unlike here in the US.

Originally posted by faust@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:21 am
I think she has a strong following in Europe, unlike here in the US.
Well, it'd help a lot if her clothes were actually sold in most North American cities. :rolleyes:

Here in Toronto, arguably the most affluent and worldly Canadian city (though that isn't saying much... :wink: ), her menswear isn't carried by any store. Most people around here, even the fashion types, would go "Ann WHAT?" at the mention of her name.

Which is sad. Because I think a lot of people would flat out fall in love with her aesthetic once they see her clothes. That's what happened to me when I first discovered her work. Her taste is one that the current generation of youth can easily relate to and instantly find desirable.

The buyers have GOT to get the Belgian aesthetic . :blush:

You can buy Ann Demeulemeester in lots of shops in London , and there's even a shop in Manchester who stocks her , but at GROSSLY inflated prices . :unsure:

KIT

Ann Demeulemeeter's show is not until later this evening,Paris time. No worries about that. And as far as business is concerned I think she's still doing especially well.

SORRY :unsure:

I thought that fashionsophist was talking about menswear , and that's what I've been talking about . :cry:

KIT :blush:

:blink:
Isn't her menswear always thrown together with her women's shows?

Well, either way, it's good news. :wink: Can't wait to see her first seperate menswear show....even if it's just a showroom presentation.

Yes because her work has no distinct sexual seperation apart from lack of dresses and skirts. She does what she does for women as she does for men.

Originally posted by Orochian+Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:40 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:40 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-faust@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:21 am
I think she has a strong following in Europe, unlike here in the US.
Well, it'd help a lot if her clothes were actually sold in most North American cities. :rolleyes:

Here in Toronto, arguably the most affluent and worldly Canadian city (though that isn't saying much... :wink: ), her menswear isn't carried by any store. Most people around here, even the fashion types, would go "Ann WHAT?" at the mention of her name.

Which is sad. Because I think a lot of people would flat out fall in love with her aesthetic once they see her clothes. That's what happened to me when I first discovered her work. Her taste is one that the current generation of youth can easily relate to and instantly find desirable.[/b][/quote]
Heh, don't judge others to have a good taste, just because you do :lol: If people don't buy it, stores won't sell it, it's business after all. I don't know about Canada, but in the US the herd buys what the magazines tell them to, and Ann D NEVER advertises here. And as I found out last season, the problem is not the high prices - as soon as Nicole were her $1000 boots in Vogue, they were flying off the shelves, Barneys had to reorder them.

I'm in NYC, and her collections are very underrepresented here. Both Barneys and Saks dropped her mensline, and have maybe 10 pieces from womenswear. It's just that's the kind of clientelle they get.

Sorry for the off topic post, I hope the mods will be kind, but I have to share this.

So, I'm celebrating my birthday last year by going to a Patti Smith concert (she has one in New York on Dec 30,31st every year). In the middle of the show Patti starts talking to the crowd, "Hi, I would like to say Happy Birthday to my good friend Ann Demeulemeester"! I was like, "w00t"!!! And people around me went "huh"? :mohawk:

Wait a moment,ARE we talking menswear or in general?? :wacko:

I have a couple pieces from Miss D. and I have so much respect for her...more so than Miuccia or Jil whom almost always gets recognition for being intelligent women with a strong personal style. Ann,to me,just takes the cake because she also has the most independent of businesses of any of them and has still survived without the big money :innocent:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 5th, 2004 - 12:02 pm
Wait a moment,ARE we talking menswear or in general?? :wacko:

I have a couple pieces from Miss D. and I have so much respect for her...more so than Miuccia or Jil whom almost always gets recognition for being intelligent women with a strong personal style. Ann,to me,just takes the cake because she also has the most independent of businesses of any of them and has still survived without the big money :innocent:
WORD!!!

P.S. Let's talk both, why not!

Originally posted by faust@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:59 am
So, I'm celebrating my birthday last year by going to a Patti Smith concert (she has one in New York on Dec 30,31st every year). In the middle of the show Patti starts talking to the crowd, "Hi, I would like to say Happy Birthday to my good friend Ann Demeulemeester"! I was like, "w00t"!!! And people around me went "huh"? :mohawk:
LOL....that is....unexpected, to say the least. But then again the people most unlikely to become friends, often are. :P

I know those boots you're talking about - I regularly petrol eBay for her pieces (because there's simply no other way I can get them... :angry: ) and saw them being bought for outrageous amounts of money (even higher than retail) with crazy amounts of bids, and it was clear to me that all that fuss was due solely to Nicole's precious feet in the pages of Vogue. Those boots don't even strike me as a particularly good example of her work.

The mentality of some fashion types, I'll just never get. :wacko:

Originally posted by faust@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:59 am
Sorry for the off topic post, I hope the mods will be kind, but I have to share this.

I am sure I have read somewhere that Patti Smith is Ann's idol , and the type of woman she designs for . :rolleyes:

Who does she have in mind for her menswear ? B)

Robert Mapplethorpe ? !!!!!! :o

KIT :wink:

Originally posted by Orochian+Mar 5th, 2004 - 12:08 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 12:08 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:59 am
LOL....that is....unexpected, to say the least. But then again the people most unlikely to become friends, often are. :P

I know those boots you're talking about - I regularly petrol eBay for her pieces (because there's simply no other way I can get them... :angry: ) and saw them being bought for outrageous amounts of money (even higher than retail) with crazy amounts of bids, and it was clear to me that all that fuss was due solely to Nicole's precious feet in the pages of Vogue. Those boots don't even strike me as a particularly good example of her work.

The mentality of some fashion types, I'll just never get. :wacko: [/b][/quote]
Very likely friends indeed, Ann always says that Patti Smith is her inspiration.
I think if you saw those boots up close, you'd change your mind B)

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:55 am
Yes because her work has no distinct sexual seperation apart from lack of dresses and skirts. She does what she does for women as she does for men.
And that, is partially what I love so much about her. And no one even gives her credit for pushing the androgynous wave, while they go on their merry way to hailing Hedi Slimane as the sole vanguard of that look.

A little fairness wouldn't hurt. :angry:

Originally posted by Orochian+Mar 5th, 2004 - 12:11 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 12:11 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:55 am
And that, is partially what I love so much about her. And no one even gives her credit for pushing the androgynous wave, while they go on their merry way to hailing Hedi Slimane as the sole vanguard of that look.

A little fairness wouldn't hurt. :angry: [/b][/quote]
My parting shot ( I must go and eat ! )

Hedi Slimane is one of my favourite designers , but I have to admit that he was preceeded by Xavier Delcour and Ann Demeulemeester , with the ' dark ' , ' rock ' , ' biker ' aesthetic .

KIT

And let's not forget Raf Simons as a contributor before Slimane as well. However its really a different style when you think about it....Ann is more in tune with the poet rockers of the 70's whilst the latter is more about nu-romanticsism and a new wave-electro-street aesthetic. Plus,she also has a more artisinal approach to her creations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->