What Beauty Products..

twilight fairy

Reaction score
i change my skincare products all the time, i always experiment.
currently..

cleanser/exfoliator; pure zone LOREAL
moisturizer/exfoliator; clinique total turnaround lotion oil free
treatment blemish; oxy on the spot B.P 2.5%
make up base; idealist estee lauder
mask; sisley botanical facial mask

I like the Body Shop's Passion Fruit face cleanser. It works well and smells really yummy. :P

cleanser/treatment-Murad
exfoliator-Turnaround cream
makeup base-Laura Mercier oil free foundation
mask-some clay one from Lancome

for now-

cleanser: Cle de Peau gentle cleansing foam

toner: Cle de Peau balancing softener tendre

eye: Dior No Age Essential Yeux

moisturizer(day:( Lancome Hydra Zen
moisturizer(night:( Lancome Hydra Zen Nuit

exfoliator: Origins Never A Dull Moment

masks: Sisley Express Flower Gel Mask, Biotherm Hydro Detox Mask, The Body Shop Evening Primrose Mask (I actually have too many masks to mention, but these days I've been using these three).

makeup base: DiorSnow Illuminating UV Base SPF35

right now:

Cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Light
Mu remover: L'Oreal Gentle Eye and Lip Makeup remover (and shu one above)
Toner: Shu Uemura depsea water in rose
Serum: Chanel Hydraserum
Moisturizer: Chanel Eclat Originel Maximum Radiance Cream
Eye Cream: Garnier Light SPF15
Sunscreen: La Mer SPF18 fluide, Sage SPF25
Exfoliator: Chanel Gommage Eclat Express, YSL Gommage Sans Grains
Mask: Chanel Masque Purete Express, Neutrogena Fine Fairness Mask, Olay Hydration Mask

next purchases: Sisley Express Flower Gel Mask (there's a GWP coming up soon) and DDF SPF30 (arriving from ebay)

Cleanser: Estee Lauder Verite

day: Estee lauder Daywear 15+
night: Chanel Hydramax

Toner: Dermatologist or sometimes a brand called Za with Claire Danes on the advertising

Evian -- those water spray things too! :P

BTW, i'd like to try YSL skincare and cosmetics? any recommendations?

Product wh*re pradapoo is at it again, add to the above list:

cleanser- YSL self foaming mousse cleanser
makeup remover- YSL instant eye makeup remover
toner- shu depsea water in chamomile
moisturizer- YSL nuit intense
exfoliator- sisley facial buffing cream (omething like that)
eyecream- sisley sisleya eye and lip contour cream
mask- sisley radiant glow express mask
sunscreen- ddf organic sunscreen spf30

PradaP, how do you like the Chanel Maximum Radiance Cream? Does it really make the skin noticeable more radiant? how's the texture? and does it moisturize well for dry skin?

I wanna try some cream that would make my skin look radiant with a glow, thinking about this Chanel one or Dior Energy Move. Have you tried the Dior one?

cleanser - keihls rose water
moisturiser- keihls spf 25
lip protect- blistex intensive moisture spf6

***Neutrogena's Dandruff Shampoo

I use it as a face wash because the coal tar in it kills the bacteria on my face and I have not had one breakout since I began using it once a day (in the morning, while I shower). Plus, it you have dermatitis (which many mistake for acne) on your face it will def. get rid of it. Dermatitis is often mistaken for acne or breakouts because they look really similar.

At night I use:

***Basis Soap
***Zia's Herbal Toner & Oil-Free Moisterizer

Right now I'm using:

AHAVA cleanser
Clinique 7 day scrub
Vichy Thermal S.UV moisturizer for the day

I really like the AHAVA stuff but my aunt bought it for me from the states and I don't know where I can buy it in Canada. :(

Everyday, 2x a day:
Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser Face and Eyes (as cleanser and make-up remover)
Prada Soothing Concentrate Spray
Dermalogica Active Moist
Shiseido, The Skincare, Eye Soother

Instead of makeup/base, a tinted moisturizer w/ SPF 15:
Prada Hydrating Gel Cream

Sunscreen:
Dermalogica Solar Defense System, Ultra Sensitive Faceblock SPF 25

1-2 Times a week:
Dove Facial Care Cleansing Pillows (as an exfoliator)
Neutrogena Treatment Mask
Prada Reviving Mask

I've also been testing a Prada sample I received:
Prada Eye Serum (morning and night)

Occasionally, when I need it or feel like:
Prada Soothing Mask
Kiehl's Cucumber Toner

Originally posted by MissPurple@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 6:32 am
PradaP, how do you like the Chanel Maximum Radiance Cream? Does it really make the skin noticeable more radiant? how's the texture? and does it moisturize well for dry skin?

I wanna try some cream that would make my skin look radiant with a glow, thinking about this Chanel one or Dior Energy Move. Have you tried the Dior one?
it's not bad, but you will probably need a separate moisturizer underneath (this is what they recommend) as this isnt all that moisturizing (I wear hydraserum underneath this myself)

it's a very nice gel-cream texture and as far as the radiant effect goes, its nothing instant but over time it does help

i havent tried the Dior one so I am afraid I cant compare

hth! :flower:

it's not bad, but you will probably need a separate moisturizer underneath (this is what they recommend) as this isnt all that moisturizing (I wear hydraserum underneath this myself)

it's a very nice gel-cream texture and as far as the radiant effect goes, its nothing instant but over time it does help

i havent tried the Dior one so I am afraid I cant compare

hth! :flower: [/quote]
thanks and is there any particular major improvement you see?

:flower:

Recently, I have cutted my regime in 1/4 of what I used to put on my face...

Proactiv Solution, religiously
Estee Lauder's Idealist Refinisher
And their Micro D scrub :D

Shaving cream and nourishing face cream (instead of after shave), and sometimes hair gel, all by Kiehl's. Oh, yea, I'm a guy, in case some of you haven't noticed yet :lol:

Originally posted by MissPurple@Mar 5th, 2004 - 8:30 pm
for now-

cleanser: Cle de Peau gentle cleansing foam

toner: Cle de Peau balancing softener tendre

eye: Dior No Age Essential Yeux

moisturizer(day:( Lancome Hydra Zen
moisturizer(night:( Lancome Hydra Zen Nuit

exfoliator: Origins Never A Dull Moment

masks: Sisley Express Flower Gel Mask, Biotherm Hydro Detox Mask, The Body Shop Evening Primrose Mask (I actually have too many masks to mention, but these days I've been using these three).

makeup base: DiorSnow Illuminating UV Base SPF35
what do you think about this ORIGIN`s-exfoliator?i have used it and i didnt like it very much,and it has only few granules which i dont like,by the way my skin is oily(not very)...and at the moment i really like the scrub PureZone- from Loreal which is very fresh and clean. :P

Originally posted by Gboy@Mar 23rd, 2004 - 6:37 pm
what do you think about this ORIGIN`s-exfoliator?i have used it and i didnt like it very much,and it has only few granules which i dont like,by the way my skin is oily(not very)...and at the moment i really like the scrub PureZone- from Loreal which is very fresh and clean. :P
I love Origins Never A Dull Moment, not too gentle not too harsh, just right, and really brightens up my complexion to some degrees. also I just love the scent :blush:

I think I am the only self-proclaimed Beauty Product Junkie who loves Clinique skin care products. While I agree that their makeup is just...ehhhh :ermm: , my skin has always responded well to their skin care. I use the Rinse-Off Foaming cleanser first, followed by the 3-step system number II. (In the morning I add the Exfoliating Scrub (not the 7-day, which is gentler.) Then I use Total Turnaround Cream as an anti-aging on my whole face, and Anti-Gravity Firming Eye Lift on my eyes (under and on lids). After that I use the Clean & Clear spot treatment (the clear one, with the salicylic acid--not the opaque, which has benzoyl peroxide). Once a week I do a mask--usually be Astara's Blue Flame but I always keep a Queen Helene Mint Julep around in case I've run out.

I think the routine works pretty well, at least for me! I have acne-prone skin, this has kept it clear for a while now. B)

*LA MER day and night moisturizing
*Aloe Vera intense eye care (almost pure aloe vera)
*DERMALOGICA smoothing cream which i mix with my make up
*TALIKA lash gel (night and day)
*NIVEA cleansing gel at night and morning to remove make up
*TALIKA eye make up remover gel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->