What Beauty Products..

I'm really simple actually-I don't need a ton for my face because I used to have acne problems, but now my face has cleared up and it's just about getting some acne spots gone.

All my products below are Patricia Wexler MD-we sell it at our store and I never thought I'd be one to fork over so much for facecare, but this is amazing.

AM and PM-Universal Daily Cleanser, MMPi Regenerating Serum, and a lip plumper of my choice (Petal is my favourite colour).
AM Moisturizer-Oil-Free Hydrator SPF 30
PM Moisturizer-Universal PM moisturizer, but I'm thinking of switching to the Intensive Night cream when I finish this tube.

And not a Wexler thing, but I swear by a Vitamin C serum, it helped me clear my face up before my senior year.

letthemeatcake ive read a few posts of yours (including the one about you having training in this area) so it really sounds like you know what you're talking about.......thanks for typing up that list....it's very helpful.....i'm going to save it and pull it out next time i'm shopping around for a new product and don't have time to sit at home and compare ingredients, prices etc....

Make up remover: Pond's cold cream than follow up with the Johnson & Johnson baby wipes. Classic is always the best and baby wipes are a much cheaper than the wipes that are available at the cosmetic counter

Cleanser: Cetaphil to balance up the pH and also leave your skin soft

Toner: Aesop Anti Oxidant facial toner

Eye Cream: Aesop Parsley Seed Anti Oxcidant

Moisturizer: Efficort by Galderma. Doesn't smell as good as the other moisturizer that i used before but this cream absorb really quick into your skin

Blemishes: L'occitane Lavender vinegar

Facial masque: Aesop Primrose mask & Chamomile concentrate anti blemish masque

My products and a question

NUFOLIA Natural Cleansing Bar
Lemon and witch hazel toner (forgot the brand)
ARCONA Desert Mist and
LA MER Lotion or
HAUSCHKA Normalizing Day Oil

ASTARA mask (forgot wich one, but it has clay and papaya enzymes) :smile:

My question is: my skin has been VERY dry lately due to the change in weather and just living in a dry area. I'm going to do a search, but can anyone recommend a moisturizer for acne prone, but dry skin?:flower:

Try a moisturiser from Avene or La Roche-Posay. Generally look for products with the indication ''non commedogene''.

I use now products of Natrice which contain herbal non chemical ingredients and I am completely satisfied.

Has anyone here used any Lush products. They are an all natural skin care line with soaps and oils. I actually just a got a job there, cause I needed something part time. Any feedback would be great.

ive got a bunch of face masks and stuff, but right now im liking face packs..
i just pop down to the chemist's and buy one, only like a dollar each, and theyve got so many cool kinds!!!
hhee.

Yeah, I change a lot too. It's hard to find what suits me, especially with my unpredictable skin. Right now im using:

Clinique Take the day off balm (the only thing Clinique that I dare to put on my face)

Trish McEvoy pore-refining gel - SO SO SO GOOD! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT if you've got enlraged pores & pimples. You don't need foundation after you use it.

Vichy SPF cream
Dior eye cream (forgot the name)
L'occitane night cream
Kiehl's lip balm
Andy Warhol Flowers Body Cream

theleatherette, just wanted to say that I use Lush and like some of their products but please don't be confused. Lush is not 'all natural', they use chemicals in many of their products that are the same chemicals in ones from the drugstore. Their shtick is that they are 'fresh' products; ie they don't sit on store shelves for months, and they have 'expiration' dates because they don't use a lot of preservatives. There is a BIG difference between all natural/organic/no chemicals lines and ones that just claim they are 'fresh' which is a pretty ambiguous term.

So far I think I've settled on a good regime for my skin.

AM
Clearasil Peppermint Cleanser Wash
Lush Herbalism*
Vichy Thermal Water Spray
Neutrogena Dry Touch Spf 55 Sunscreen
Vichy Nutrilogie S2*

PM
Vichy Purete Thermale Makeup Remover
Clearasil Peppermint Cleansing Wash
Herbalism*
Vichy Thermal Water
MaMa Lotion/Avene Ystheal Cream**

*Depends on if my skin is really flaky from MaMa
**On alternate nights

So far I had redness/discoloration around nostrils, mouth and some blotchy freckles. The redness has all but disappeared, the discoloration and freckles are lightening. And no new acne breakouts :smile:

My skin is looking better than I can ever remember, so I'm sticking to this regieme:

Morning
-Dove soap
-Neostrata Bionic Serum
-Neostrata Eye Creme
-L'oreal Pure Zone Moisturiser

Evening
-Olay Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
-Neostrata Bionic Serum
-Neostrata Eye Creme
-E45 Moisturiser

Twice weekly
-Yes To Carrots mud mask
-Skin Elixir cloth mask
-L'oreal Skin Renovator exfoliator

Cleanser - QV wash
Moisturizer - Neutrogena oil-free moisture for sensitive skin
Eye cream - Clinique all about eyes rich

& at night, in addition to the above, I use Benzac AC 5% (benzoyl peroxide gel) on old acne scars

I have been using these products for more than a year now (recommended by my derm), and my face has never been this clear. I am kinda bored now though, I want to try something new but am kinda hesitant.

Oh, in addition to that I use St. Ives apricot scrub once a week.

I use Olay Daily Facials lathering cloths for combination/oily skin in the shower
Olay Regenerist & Johnsons Holiday Skin moisturisers
Olay Age Defying wet cleansing cloths to take off my make-up at night
Body Shop Tea Tree freshener for when my skin feels too oily

letthemeatcake ive read a few posts of yours (including the one about you having training in this area) so it really sounds like you know what you're talking about.......thanks for typing up that list....it's very helpful.....i'm going to save it and pull it out next time i'm shopping around for a new product and don't have time to sit at home and compare ingredients, prices etc....
Hey how's your skin 4 months later? ^_^

i'm obsessed currently with la prairie again and it's so damn expensive but i need it. I also want the Caudalie Beauty Elixir although the ingredients said that alcohol was second and that's a bit worrysome because i have sensitive skin, but i want it.

currently i've actually been addicted to this aveda outer peace cleanser which is their acne line which i dont have at all but it has a ton of anti-inflammatory ingredients like oat amino acids and its a quick cleanser which for me is good because i'm so OCD and spend an hour doing my face at times.
I also cleanse with La Prairie's Foam Cleanser still before shaving if I really have more than two days growth because the hair grows so fast. :angry:
I like La Prairie's Cellular Cleansing Emulsion and I use Biologique Recherche's Lait U but its for normal to oily and since its winter I need a dry skin cleanser and foaming cleansers like the Aveda and La Prairie Foam can tend to be drying, so I like using La Prairie's Emulsion at least once a day if I am also using a foam in the same day. Which you shouldnt cleanse twice a day (only at night) but if I have to shave in morning then I pre-cleanse.
For toners I want like I mentioned Beauty Elixir (do they sell this at Nordstrom?) and I use Clarins Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion but am switching back to La Prairie's Cellular Softening and Balancing Lotion because its so beautiful and hydrating. It's accompanied with their Microdermabrasion Cream which I also use for exfoliating, and so it softens any irritation you might receive (I dont receive any) but I need glycolic acid for real instant and lasting results, so I use their Glycolic Acid Retexturizer as a serum and then follow it with IS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum and either La Prairie's Cellular Anti-Redness Nurturing Cream or Biologique Recherche's Creme Verte Espoir or ReVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream (This has glycolic in it)
i want to try MD Skincare Hydra-Pure Intense Cream...has anyone? It claims to help penetrate other active ingredients and that heavy metals such as iron, copper, magnesium, lead and zinc are sequestered and pulled off the surface of the skin, reducing irritation and dryness.
I need new masks too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->