What do you expect from the new Givenchy RTW Womenswear Collection??

iconemod

Reaction score
After a long decision process, the new creative director at Givenchy is Ricardo Tisci, less known but quite a promising talent.

What do you expect from him? What kind of style/clothes do you expect from Givenchy? How to revamp Givenchy (as Gucci, for example)?

I'll dig up an article from the Carol Christian Poell thread that mentioned him, I expect it to be quite good.

However, it is Givenchy so I also feel a bit skeptical about it.

Here's the bit that mentioned him. It's an article about a group of designers who go agains the common flow in Milan fashion. They don't follow trends, in other words.

By J.J Martin from the International Herald Tribune, complete article posted by Marrimoda on CCP thread.

Though 100 percent Italian, Tisci's design sensibilities are hardly in sync with the domineering -charged designers who control Milan's fashion landscape. His dark, romantic designs, completely opposite to Milan's predominant colorful mood, are a new play on conceptual fashion. "I prefer to iness," the designer insists. "I don't like to show the whole body, or expose the flesh."
Tisci, who ended up selling his collection to 38 boutiques in two days, plans to stay in Milan, despite pressure to run out of town.
"So many people told me I should show in Paris, but I want to stay here. I love my country. There are creative designers here in Milan, but you must express yourself. I didn't try to do anything to make anyone happy, I just did things that I thought were beautiful."
All of this creativity, pumped out with small production levels, comes at a pretty price. Tisci's best-selling spring item, a double-faced leather jacket scattered with burnt crystals, retails at well over €3,000, or $3,900, while most of Haute's women's pieces hover between €1,000 and €3,000.

well it is commen to say these days: First collection doesn't count.
so I'll be waiting for the second collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i loved both of Riccardo Tisci's last collections, and I think he is a really great new designer, so i expect it is going to be good. However it is LVMH so i also suspect it's going to be 'safe'.

I'm really intrested to see his couture most of all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->