What does CHIC mean to you?

Tatika

Reaction score
chic / Pronunciation[sheek] 1.attractive and fashionable; stylish: a chic hat. –noun 2.style and elegance, esp. in dress: Paris clothes have such chic. 3.stylishness; modishness: the chic of the firstnighters

ok ladies and gents...heres a question!!:woot:

what does chic mean to you? you can post comments, pics, give examples of anything youd like...my thread is an open gallery of chic..so lets start!!:clap:

Funny the definition includes the word elegance .. its the first thing that came to my mind!

^same here. i always think of the term as a synonym of elegance. but it has to be a mix of conservative and slightly avant-garde..sylvia sydney and cate blanchet strike me as..'chic'. but i'd feel a bit pretentious by calling them that way. :D

For me, it means being well groomed, classy, well put together, sophisticated, and confident. To me, Carrie Bradshaw is the epitome of chic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bella_Lass334 said:
For me, it means being well groomed, classy, well put together, sophisticated, and confident. To me, Carrie Bradshaw is the epitome of chic.
Yes, I agree completely.

ep67_carrie_hailingcab_blackbeadeddress.jpg

HBO

to me its anyone who is stylish,sexy and beautiful and comfatable in their own skin

For me chic is also modesty, not trying to be the center of attention (so def. not all carrie outfits or victoria beckham...) AND no acrylic nails!! Please!

Last edited by a moderator:
iSpot said:
For me chic is also modesty, not trying to be the center of attention (so def. not all carrie outfits)

i comptley agree iSpot, thats so true..:heart: x

...elegant...hot...confident...french woman...in red heels and tight black dress...but not vulgar...

...that's how i imagine chic...

Doing simplicity well. Going back to the female (or male) form and dressing it to fit, and not making too big of a statement.

Fouroclock, that perks a question. Would you ever describe a man as chic? I have never and I really can't see it...

Diorling said:
Fouroclock, that perks a question. Would you ever describe a man as chic? I have never and I really can't see it...

i have quite a few male friends who i would diffently describe as chic, most of them are more groomed, stylish and prettier than i am :heart: x

At the expense of sounding stereotypical, if you look at the thread's of almost all of the French Actresses in Star Style, they epitomize 'chic' to me. They may not always be the most beautiful, or wear the most beautiful pieces I've ever seen in my life, but there is always a certain something that draws the eye to them, in a completely non-glitzy sense. Audrey Hepburn also exhibited this. I always come up with strange comparisons that have a good chance of only making sense to me, but think of a woman on a busy New York City street corner that knows by simply raising her arm, a taxi will promptly stop. A woman with so much presence she doesn't need to work to gain anyone's attention. She's comfortable in her own skin, and what she puts on doesn't define her, but becomes her. This, to me, is chic.
Men, also can be chic, but they're even fewer and far between than the elusive breed of chic women.

*Princesse* said:
At the expense of sounding stereotypical, if you look at the thread's of almost all of the French Actresses in Star Style, they epitomize 'chic' to me. They may not always be the most beautiful, or wear the most beautiful pieces I've ever seen in my life, but there is always a certain something that draws the eye to them, in a completely non-glitzy sense. Audrey Hepburn also exhibited this. I always come up with strange comparisons that have a good chance of only making sense to me, but think of a woman on a busy New York City street corner that knows by simply raising her arm, a taxi will promptly stop. A woman with so much presence she doesn't need to work to gain anyone's attention. She's comfortable in her own skin, and what she puts on doesn't define her, but becomes her. This, to me, is chic.
Men, also can be chic, but they're even fewer and far between than the elusive breed of chic women.

*Princesse* who is the most chic person to you?:heart: x

Bella_Lass334 said:
To me, Carrie Bradshaw is the epitome of chic.

She wasnt wearing chic outfits all teh time ... chic isnt vulgar and she did wear hotpants!

ultramarine said:
She wasnt wearing chic outfits all teh time ... chic isnt vulgar and she did wear hotpants!

ultramarine, do you believe as a homme that men can be just as chic as women?:heart: x

i first think of elegant outfit and very sexy high heels. i love when girls wear high heels. i myself dont't but i should because i'm short.:P

Luti21 said:
i first think of elegant outfit and very sexy high heels. i love when girls wear high heels. i myself dont't but i should because i'm short.:P

who's the most elegent person to you Luti21?:heart: x

*Princesse* said:

Yes, the person who you have described totally exists in my mind, but not neccessary is the word CHIC in my mind, i would say that's more of someone who is elegant.

For me chic is also modesty, not trying to be the center of attention (so def. not all carrie outfits or victoria beckham...) AND no acrylic nails!! Please!

Doing simplicity well. Going back to the female (or male) form and dressing it to fit, and not making too big of a statement.

...elegant...hot...confident...french woman...in red heels and tight black dress...but not vulgar.......

...that's how i imagine chic...

The bolded words summerizes how I think overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boubs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->