What is your "go-to" outfit for everyday?

afterhours

Reaction score
During the winter I often find myself wearing the same outfit a lot. I wake up in the morning with an outfit all planned and ready but it's so early and I usually put on a "safety" outfit that is comforable and warm. This also happens in the summer, but today I wore my go-to winter outfit and I was wondering what the rest of you wear--Lets face it, we usually have very detailed and precise opinions on fashion, often esoteric as well, but wear pretty plain outfits most of the time.

Mine:
Burberry dark green bomber
Cream pashmina
Dark red pebbled leather bag with brass hardware
Cashmere/wool sweater
T shirt
Jeans
target moccasins or jil sander riding boots

warm weather:
-white tee shirt, some kind of skinny jean (not ultra skinny, not a fan of those), flip flops or Prada lace up driving shoe/sneakers or converse all stars
medium weather:
-white tee shirt/crsip white mantaylor
-navy or black skinny blazer
-some kind of skinny jean or trouser (mostly dark wash or black, but I dont have some light jeans I've been wearing lately)
-converses or prada lace up driving sneaker things
super cold weather:
-a couple tees under a thick knit, slightly oversized cashmere sweater (this years version is Alexander Wang black shawl collar)
-same bottoms
-converses mostly
I, of course, have a lot more outfits and I don't dress this boring always, but I have been known to go weeks on end without changing my basic formula.

My formula for drab, uninspired days:

White or black camisole

Bold top: lots of ruffles, bows, or tiers; interesting prints; unusual structure; and/or slouchy & oversized

Fitted long-sleeved button or zip down: cardigan, red hoodie, blazer or funnel neck sweater

Very skinny jeans

Warm coat: plaid wool hunter-style jacket, black double breasted knee-length peacoat, simple black down (no fur trimmings) coat, or red wool military-style coat

Ballet flats (usually indoors); flat, semi-rugged, knee-high, butt-kicking boots (to kick winter's butt); flat, mid-calf pixie boots; low-top Converse; or platform ankle booties

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: socks, scarf, gloves and knitted hat

Chunky silver man's watch

Sometimes a necklace for extra sparkle or oomph!

A big, luxuriously utilitarian bag that can be worn on the shoulder or across the chest

For additional warmth, I'll add a thin long-sleeved shirt underneath my blouse, an extra sweater and tights/leggings under my jeans.

My go-to summer look is the same--minus the heavy coat, cozy accessories and regular use of boots, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
my skinny-zip black tsubi's...with a white t-shirt.

nicer weather--->
if the tee is plain, ill usually wear a big chunky belt with flip-flops..

colder weather--->
if i choose a band tee, ill just put on a cute zip-up hoodie with my uggs!

i dont like to over accesorize, but ive been even sleeping in my bracelets!! (i sort of have the same bracelet look as samantha ronson)

and messy hair bc i absolutely hate straightening it!

I guess right now my most reliable everyday outfit is my plum suede skirt with some kinda sweater/combination of sweaters on top ... and for shoes, metallic plum ballets if I can go bare-legged, or black tights and various black ballets, or black suede boots ...

But your topic reminded me of a skirt I still miss ... it was pale blue washable linen, straight with a drawstring at the waist and slits at the sides that worked with virtually any top, my favorite being a light periwinkle blue organic cotton/lycra Mobility T from Patagonia ... both of these bit the dust :doh: RIP

In the winter, at least 4/7 days of the week I wear:

jeans
a thin knit turtleneck

What changes are the bags, shoes, necklaces, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->