What's the Best Fashion Magazines for Men?

I personally think that Esquire UK( under Jeremy Langmead) was the best monthly magazine for men. I love how they mixed the different types of papers into a magazine, the illustration and the sense of humor in it. More than that, the contents were diverse and very helpful for reality. That was the only magazine for men that i wanted to have every months.

Fantastic Man. Perfect from cover to cover.

Man About Town?!
I have always loved it, one of the very last men's magazine that pushes some boundaries and be experiential with m/m paris but I think recently it proven that the public still need time to digest's imagination and effort, the magazine has now went back to how they begins, remember that wonderful image of Jamie Hince by Slimane?

other note/
I also love Italian L'Officiel for men the last couple issues they put out were very decent and the images, editorial(if you read italian) work really well together and it doesn't feel all over the place.

Mens uno Hk / Taiwan
Mens Folio Singapore / Malaysia
Harpers Bazaar men Hk / Thailand
Luel Korea

I'm gonna go crazy here and say Maxim. Its literally the only good one left in the US and that still isn't saying much every Maxim is more for something to look at if you have a billion dollars. But its still a better magazine than it was years ago.

I really dont think that a good and influential magazine for men exists. Maybe now that the menswear is getting a revival something will come up.

^^^ It's rather depressing actually. The dream that was once so vivid, alive and neverending, is now dead.

:sigh:… Post was made nearly 16 years ago. Fashion photography and presentation couldn’t reach any higher of a pinnacle in creative and technical standards during that era. All the publications remain an extensive education of the highest standards. But there can only be one men’s fashion publication to rule them all. Unchallenged to this day: L’UOMO.

With many fo them folding like Another Man, Vogue Hommes, L'Uomo Vogue, what are your go to ones today?

I personally still collect VMan and Numero Homme. Though the content of Numero Homme is less creative these days, I do find that you can still find some good edits in some of the issues. Vman once again is not what it was but they are the most consistent at keeping their spirit.

Although Man about Town went through a few iterations from when it started, I still find it good in terms of photography with some interviews sprinkled here and there so it feels more like a photobook than a magazine.

Here is hoping once again with the new relaunch of Fantastic Man that they can relive the magic of their earlier issues.

^^^ GQ China and Esquire Korea are still a sanctuary to that classic, timeless production of cinematic storytelling, with expensive production and skilled and creative visuals that was once the dominion of L’UOMO, Another Man, Arena Hommes Plus, Vogue Homme etc. It’s just too bad that they're always the same cast of Asian twinks/twunks alongside their regions' celebs, and not more classically older male models— although I get why they are so supportive of their own, since Western publications usually relegate Asian male models to a token casting.

VMan and Numero Homme are generally still solid enough, but far from what it was once with its production value. The days of men’s fashion visuals— like the one of your avatar, are unfortunately, over.

^^^ It's rather depressing actually. The dream that was once so vivid, alive and neverending, is now dead.

:sigh:… Post was made nearly 16 years ago. Fashion photography and presentation couldn’t reach any higher of a pinnacle in creative and technical standards during that era. All the publications remain an extensive education of the highest standards. But there can only be one men’s fashion publication to rule them all. Unchallenged to this day: L’UOMO.

It's true though ahaha but I try to always have an optimistic spin on life AHAHAHA :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: but yeah unfortunately this thread was awesome back then.

With many fo them folding like Another Man, Vogue Hommes, L'Uomo Vogue, what are your go to ones today?

I personally still collect VMan and Numero Homme. Though the content of Numero Homme is less creative these days, I do find that you can still find some good edits in some of the issues. Vman once again is not what it was but they are the most consistent at keeping their spirit.

Although Man about Town went through a few iterations from when it started, I still find it good in terms of photography with some interviews sprinkled here and there so it feels more like a photobook than a magazine.

Here is hoping once again with the new relaunch of Fantastic Man that they can relive the magic of their earlier issues.
For me I would say :

- GQ Style China / Korea
- Super ELLE China men
- L'Officiel Hommes Poland
- Man about town
- Any Chinese magazine really : I love when some of our favorite members here post some awesome previews of these Asian and Chinese magazines specifically.

My first post :smile:

My Favourite Men's Magazines:
VMan, Numéro Homme, L'Officiel Hommes Italia, L'Officiel Hommes France (Under Milan Vukmirovic), Vogue Homme International, L'Uomo Vogue (Not Under Emanuele Farneti) & HERO.
Also, i want to mention Essential Homme Magazine, They're really produce very good Editorials, with real Male Models and real Fashion, but i think this magazine kinda Underrated.

British GQ used to be so great. Now a pick as mainstream title American Esquire, followed by the British and Spanish editions.

My first post :smile:

My Favourite Men's Magazines:
VMan, Numéro Homme, L'Officiel Hommes Italia, L'Officiel Hommes France (Under Milan Vukmirovic), Vogue Homme International, L'Uomo Vogue (Not Under Emanuele Farneti) & HERO.
Also, i want to mention Essential Homme Magazine, They're really produce very good Editorials, with real Male Models and real Fashion, but i think this magazine kinda Underrated.

Welcome :smile: I really like your selection and I sooooo agree with you about L'Officiel Hommes France (Under Milan Vukmirovic) and Hero as well as L'Uomo Vogue back then when it was very iconic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
selectual
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->