What's Your Nostalgia Music?

My childhood: Spice Girls:shock:

And my early teens: The Offspring
Blur(The only band/singer I still like of all I used to like)
Linkin Park
Blink 182

Coldplay makes me sad... and think of my fiance with me...(currently he is super far)

rhiannonmars said:
^ your a wife and fiance? or a wife to your credit card?

he he he

lol

no- my fiance is in Med School to be a Plastic Surgeon...

Grew up to the sound of Neil Young, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Roxy Music...

You sure can tell what generation my parents are from.

I liked no doubt, spice girls, all saints, salt n peper, tlc, tu pac, micheal jackson billy jean, the born slipy sound from trainspotting, blue dada be song, aqua, the shame of it take that :( e 17, and other 90's pop song

even though they were before my time

Supremes,blondie, jackson 5, cyndi lauper,

most of all though MMM bop !! love that song

Last edited by a moderator:
Preschool age:
diana ross & the supremes (baby love^_^ )

according to my dad I knew a lot of rock n roll songs already but I can't remember that:huh:

Elementary School:
Hanson
The Spice Girls
no doubt
the cardigans:heart:

Middle School:
Rolling Stones
U2
AC/DC
rock 'n rollllllllllll baby B)

Oh God, things from 10+ years ago. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, all of that which was cool then. The first Korn and Rage Against the Machine albums reminds me of the twist music took back then too. The Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland album gives me memories of a summer I had, epecially the song 1983. And I Don't Live Today from Are You Experianced?

Since I'm fresh outta high school...

Elementary:
Spice Girls
Smashing Pumpkins
Meredith Brooks
Fugees
Notorious BIG
Garbage
(all late 90's pop-rock stuff)

High School:
Finger Eleven
Tool
Coldplay
Nirvana

Weezer -- the Blue Album. I'm listening to it now and it gives me this fuzzy feeling I cannot describe.

Old stuff like Charles Aznavour (La Boheme), Abba Gold (Dancing queen), Unchained Melody, time of my life from the Dirty dancing soundtrack i think, la vie en rose, killing me softly, most beatles no 1 hits, lobo, basically stuff I grew up hearing because my parent liked that kind of music.

o my gosh i was going to say weezer the blue album as well! say it aint so, totally, reminds me of back in the day
also alot of smashing pumpkins is nostalgic

Vanessa Paradis
Whitney Houston
Gloria Estefan
Ace of Base
Rod Stewart,my mom use to listen to them when I was a little girl:heart:

Dunno -I never got into music till after I got over films -music only really HIT me when I was about 17 (3 years ago) and I listened to Bruce Springsteen's 'Thunder Road' randomly. I had heard the song loads of times -heck my aunt used to play Bruce when my mother was pregnant with me and I used to dance to him in my pampers... but I had always poo pooed my aunts taste (old fogeys and all). BB (before Bruce) I didn't love music because I never liked anything in the charts and didn't know how to delve into the underground yet. I think that is sad -when people don't feel music because the charts are so rubbish and they don't know how/don't bother finding decent stuff. As for nostalgia? Hmm the only summer I listened to the charts would have been like in 1999ish -stuff like Baz Luhrman's "Sunscreen Song" and Stardust's "The Music Sounds Better With You" and the New Radicals "You Only Get What You Give". yes I know! Bad summer to perk up...

I listened to The Wall and some Deep Purple Greatest something when I was a little girl, about 4...I loved it! From I was 8-15, I heard whatever... Blur, Björk, CCR, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead. And Metallica, Slipknot and KoRn, haha! :ninja: But then I started listening to PF again, I just cant find anything better. It's above everything else. Though, that Jeff Buckley-lad seems interesting. Why are all the good ones dead? :angry:

Haha, I just found my old Blur: Parklife. It's brilliant, haven't listened to it for years!

Madonna - Into the Groove!

90's : All that britpop... + electronica and trip hop.
Oasis, The Verve, Placebo, Radiohead, Bjork, Air, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy.

AWESOME! i loved them all too... plus...

...Paul Weller, Heaven 17, Style Council, Adam and the Ants, Billy Idol, David Sylvan and Japan, Alphaville, Bananarama (although, they're coming up with a new album, me thinks), Cutting Crew, THE CLASH, OMD, REal Life, NEW ORDER, Sex Pistols, Souxie and the Banshees.... if theres more i forget i will re-list them...OMG! I can't forget about BILLY BRAGG!..holy crap.... I almost forgot FEM2FEM!

Nemova said:
The Smiths
Duran Duran
Echo and the Bunnymen
Devo
The Cure
U2
Human League :shock:
Erasure
Depeche Mode :cry:

Spice Girls ... Nsync, Backstreet Boys, 5ive, Atomic Kitten ... No Doubt and The Doors

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->