When You Shop What Do You Typically Buy?

When you shop what do you typically buy?
I can be an impulse buyer but I'm trying to work on it. I generally buy tops. I hardly buy accessories.

What is the ratio of tops to bottoms to dresses ...etc?

I have fewer pants than tops, more skirts than pants (but I wear pants more often), more dresses than pants/skirts, and more tops than anything else. And a lot of shoes but don't wear most of them.

How often do you buy swimwear?

Every summer

How often do you buy underware?
Whenever I feel like I need new ones; I lose underwear somehow.

What colors do you typically buy?
Black, red, grey, yellow, and blue.

How much do you spend a month on apparel?
Not enough on things that I need and too much on things that I don't.

Where do you shop most often?

Gap (it's the only place in my town that is worth anything); when I go to the nearest large town I go to Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, Forever21, and I order off of American Apparel.

-jeans and dresses

-tops than jackets, more dresses than tops, more jeans than dresses..

-every spring

-when I need it, 9-10 times a year

-black, grey, white and pink

-100/200 euros

Zara, Mango, Kanak, Alex Vidal

I always seem to buy simple tanks like wifebeaters and racerbacks, etc. I tend to buy any type of top actually... and for some reason lots of neutrals ALL THE TIME.

I have a lot of everything. I need to stop. I have lots of shorts, lots of tops and too many pairs of jeans...and too many heels but I try to wear all of them.

Every summer, sometimes at the end when there are tons of sales =X

Maybe once a year I'll buy a ton at the VS semi-annual sale.

Every color. Right now I have lots of blues ranging from cobalt to teal.

Way too much. I don't need all this stuff but retail therapy does work unfortunately.

American Apparel - I probably have EVERYTHING in 2 colors.
Forever 21, Urban Outfitters.

Basically all sorts of tops.

More jeans than dresses, tops than dresses, dresses than skirts, tops than jeans..

Each year (summer)

Depends - I'll buy a bunch whenever I see cute ones on sale/clearance

Black, grey, blue, green, white

It's hard to say - too much, probably

Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, H&M, American Apparel, and eBay :D

Usually tops and skirts. These are the easier to try on. I always go with the intention of buying pants but it never seems to happen

A LOT more tops than bottoms. I would say at least 4 to 1.

In the summer months. I usually buy 2-3 and actually wear 0. I never even ended up going to the beach the last two summers.

Before it was a lot more often...a couple times a month at least. But I haven't bought any underwear in a few months now. I'd decided I have way too much and there's no need to always get new ones. as it's just the long term bf who sees me in them. Lol.

At least $300-400....sometimes as much as $1000 but I don't really count. It wouldn't be good for my conscience if I did.

www.revolveclothing.com, Winners (in Canada), thrift stores, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Gap, Forever 21.

Scarves,bags,headbands,dresses

Tops,Dresses,Shorts,Long Bottoms

Twice a year

Monthly-6 weeks

All the colours of the rainbow

Far too much.

Topshop,H&M,Zara,Armani Exchange,Primark (for basics)

Tops, cardigans, dresses, cosmetics

Lately, it's been dresses, tops, jeans

Less than once a year... I went overboard this summer though and bought 7 suits... I brought like, 10 with me when I went to vacation in Hawaii, and wore maybe about 3 :ninja:

How often do you buy underwear?
Not often. every 4-6 months?

I go through color phases :blush: Everything goes red, then yellow, then blue, then green.. Right now I'm into grey :lol:

Way too much.. maybe half of what I make per month? (I live at home rent-free but I still pay tuition). I'm putting myself on shopping sabbatical!!

Zara, Forever21, American Apparel, Aritzia, Old Navy (great basics)

Without a doubt, dresses. I also buy a fair amount of scarves, bracelets, pins, and other accessories. And I can't forget to mention hair products - I spend more on hair spray, bobby pins, combs, and other supplies than any decent person ought to.

I wear dresses nearly every single day, the only exceptions being on weekends (when I have to wear a uniform) and while exercising.

Since I only swim during the summer months, I typically only purchase one swimsuit per year. This year I bought two, but that was because I traveled to Hawaii and knew there'd be plenty of swimming opportunities!

Depends on the month, but usually less than $30. Sometimes I'll splurge on a nice vintage dress and end up spending more than planned, but it's usually not by too much. Last month I spent more than usual, so this month I plan on cutting back.

I would have to say eBay, since the selection of vintage items cannot be found elsewhere! I can (and often do) spend hours digging through the thousands of treasures it has to offer. Outside of the Internet, Target is the store where I spend much of my time shopping for clothing.

Dresses. Always dresses.

I'd probably say about six to one, depending on the time of year

Never! I haven't bought a swimming costume since 1999. I haven't been on holiday in that time either.....although I plan to godammit.

I buy underwear too much, but only bras. I suffer terribly with my periods so I don't see the point in buying matching stuff in case it gets ruined, so I end up buying tons of Marks and Spencers bras. And don't be snobby about M&S, it's the only place I can get nice stuff in a 30E!

Cobalt blue, black, grey, and any sort of gingham. I love gingham, and plaid shirts.

About £500 at the most, £300 in a good month. I'm actually pretty poor, but credit card enable my habit, and a boyfriend who doesn't mind loaning me cash now and then.

Topshop, Selfridges, H&M, Zara, Lazy Oaf (for t shirts), All Saints, but most of all E bay - I buy a lot of vintage stuff from there...

Dresses & shoes
dresses,tops,bottoms
once a year, but I didnt buy any this year
Not often, only when I need new ones
Most colors, but never brown
€100
H&M

1.Jewlery, dresses.
2.Dresses first and foremost, then tops, then trousers, (which i don't buy that often)
3.:lol: Like once a year.
4.Everytime i go past La Senza/Topshop when i have money :ninja::lol:
5.Every one under the sun.
6.About £50-£100
7.High street (Topshop, Zara, Warehouse, H&M,...etc)

I go through splurge phases, so for example I go through a week of only buying Mimi Holliday and the next I decide I just have to have as much Superfine Jeans as I can lay my hands on soon followed by a Threadless tees phase which is then capped off with a Kabiri Jewellery/Metallic Clutch/Rupert Sanderson phase!

I am currently in the midst of a 70denier tights and customised denim shorts phase - picture glam rock chic :smile: I just don't know why I need 4 of everything!

I don't like spending more than £300 a month but I do have 'weak' months when I go up to £700 :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever is next on my shopping list. I do one for S/S and one for F/W, then tick the things off as I go. I don't do impulse shopping.
I have more tops than I have bottoms or dresses, that said I don't have much of anything other than underwear and tights. I like to have a small set of clothes that I update a few times/year. Right now I could use a new skirt and a dress, to make things more balanced.
I rarely go swimming, and I don't usually go on holiday to swimsuit friendly places. I'm a city girl. I bought a bikini in June, and before that I'd had the same one for three years.. but like I said, I rarely get wear out of my swimwear!
Every two months maybe. I buy underwear a lot compared to how often I buy other clothes. Beautiful, good quality underwear cheers me up. I can't stand the cheap stuff.
Black, white, red, purple, navy. Those are my favorites.
It varies a lot. Sometimes next to nothing, sometimes $500. On average over a year it probably counts to about $150/month, though. But that's because I don't shop at all some months.
eBay! I adore eBay. I love a good bargain.

Dresses, cardigans, tights, shoes, boots

lots of dresses, many layering tops, a few bottoms - mostly more basic

rarely - I have all the swimwear I need

once or twice a year - I stock up during sales

black, grey, orange, brown, red

€200 - it varies, however

APC, Brown Thomas (Irish department store), French Connection, small boutiques, la redoute

Last edited by a moderator:
Always looking for boots, leather bags and dresses, but i end up getting basics on sale if anything.

A bit more tops than bottoms (way too many jeans atm), very few dresses or skirts.

As needed... so rarely.

As needed... so once or twice a year i'll buy a bunch of quality everyday bras and panties in basic colors around sales times. AA cross-back bras as desired in whatever colors i want.

Brown, black, shades of indigo, all shades of greys...green, yellow, red, and white.

Varies a lot, maybe $80 dollars a month in a year (b/c i typically concentrate purchases).

More and more I'm buying from smaller local shops, the internet, browse department stores and downtown shops...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mateor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->