White / Pale Nail Polish - Trend?

kmccormi

Reaction score
Literally the opposite of the vampy black or near-black polishes that were popular this past fall/winter, it looks like white polishes will make their way onto hands everywhere this summer.

scarlett1su4.jpg

(style.popcrunch.com)

I personally love the light, fresh look - the dark polishes were always too jarring for my taste - but I'm having trouble finding the perfect white. Go too opaque or use the polishes intended for french tips, and you look like you're wearing white-out on your nails. But the sheerer polishes are always TOO sheer and as a result streak way too easily, making application difficult and the result too sloppy.

Any recommendations for the perfect white - not sheer but not as opaque as white-out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanel used white nail polish in S/S 2007 I think, maybe it was S/S 2006...I am sure they have a nice white polish.

I think it has always been around along with other pale colours like nude or light pink. It makes one's hands and nails look neat and compliments almost every skin tone hence it well never get out of style.
I myself wear my nails like that most of the time unless I'm wearing red or black or giving them a break (which rarely happens :P).

I like it, but i've seen it on someone of in the stores

I have one by Chanel, Blanc Ceramic, and I love how it looks.

I think white is a tricky colour, because it can look trashy quite easily, like when it's too intense or matte and makes you look like a cheap artist.

^^I remember painting my nails with tippex in highschool (because of boredom:(unsure: It looked like that

I've worn it a few times. And seen it here and there in magazines through the past year. This is a manicure color that needs a good quality polish and you need to take your time. Or just get it done at a salon. I was surprised to find white is a very unforgiving color and any imperfection shows much more than with dark polishes. I guess it makes sense as white clothing also shows imperfections unforgivingly too....

My favorite pale polish of the moment is Nars Candy Darling. It's described as "pink" but I found it to be more beige. It really is the perfect color.

I do not like white nailpolish, makes your hands look dark, and sorta highlights any flaw or scratch in them.

weird huh?

Dear lord. It looks extra tacky on Scar-Jo. It's just ugly.

Yes, it does. I don't like white-white nail polish, only some pale colours. White looks very, very tacky. There is one girl in my class who always wears white nails and they look so :sick:

white instantly makes me think of the Chanel SS06 show. It looked quite good there, but there is too big a risk of appearing like a 12yo who just discovered a bottle of tippex lying around the house if not applied properly imo...

i much rather pale colors like pretty french pinks!

I do not like white nailpolish, makes your hands look dark, and sorta highlights any flaw or scratch in them.

weird huh?
I actually feel that way about most light color nail polishes. I like darker intensity when it comes to polish on my nails.

i prefer a milky white, translucent with some opalescence to it. more like a pearl than a chalky solid white. also a little tint of coral or salmon makes the color less harsh also.

i made my own this summer from an opi pearl color and a pinky coral MAC and some clear nail hardener. its so pretty.

i made my own this summer from an opi pearl color and a pinky coral MAC and some clear nail hardener. its so pretty.

how do you mix/make nail polish? Do you pour a little into something? What do you use? What kind of brush do you use? Can you store it or is it a one application thing? Just wondering since I'd like to mix a little black into a white and make medium grey.:flower: ANd it would come in handy for other colors too I'm sure.

Recently I've been getting my nails painted in a tope-ish color, I love the way it looks on my skin tone. I tried to get black but my mother wouldn't let me, she just doesn't understand haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->