Who Is Your Favorite Makeup Artist?

Kevyn officially started my interest and continued to fuel my intrigue every time I laid eyes on his work.

He made it art, and I respect him for that.

what about nars? i can't remember his first name
my uncle had some cool books of his.

Originally posted by wyatt.@Nov 11 2004, 03:43 AM
what about nars? i can't remember his first name
my uncle had some cool books of his.
[snapback]426938[/snapback]​
I think his first name is Francois...not sure though.

Kevin Aucion made me notice & appreciate makeup artistry, Pat Mcgrath made me love it :blush: :flower:

I'm not entirely sure who Dick Page is, but I feel bad that he hasn't gotten any votes.
Could anyone enlighten me? Thanks :flower:

Kevyn Aucoin w/o a doubt!

There was also another man whose work I really liked. I believe his first name was Thiebault.

What a coincidence...

My best friend gave me the SATC dvd´s and i just finished the episode in wich Kevyn Aucoin appears. I came to the forum and saw this tread! Funny! :blink:
And it was his birthday today, as i read in the Alejandro post...he would be 43 today.

My fave Make up Artist is Alice Ghendrih. Next comes Pat McGrath and Stephan Marais. :flower:

sofialuv said:
What a coincidence...

My best friend gave me the SATC dvd´s and i just finished the episode in wich Kevyn Aucoin appears. I came to the forum and saw this tread! Funny! :blink:
And it was his birthday today, as i read in the Alejandro post...he would be 43 today.

My fave Make up Artist is Alice Ghendrih. Next comes Pat McGrath and Stephan Marais. :flower:

Aww...how sad. Without a doubt Kevyn:kiss: He was a genius:smartass: , a magication:magic: , an inspiration:angel:

Kevyn Aucoin

In my opinion, it is Kevyn. There may be other make up artists that are good, but Kevyn was a personal, close friend to all of his clients. Because, he was it made him a household name. Kevyn made stars like other people, to us commoners that there is beauty in everyone. He wanted all women to feel beautiful. I do not know to many people that are like that. Kevyn achieved all of this, while he was constantly in pain for 10 years until the day he passed away. Very few people knew how sick he was until the end, but his mother. Kevyn is missed by family and friends, and some of us cannot fill the void that such a magnificent person like Kevyn can leave behind.

Kevyn's sister

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for sharing this with our forum. Many of our members admired his work and consider him the best make up artist ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Favorite Makeup Artist

My Favorite is Robert Jones! His training is fasinating and his ideas are outstanding. He is easy to follow and has wonderful tips. He puts together colors that I never would have dreamed would work together and they are Awesome!

my favourite is pat mcgrath, she does amazing work in the dior shows..

Love Kevin but Pat McGrath is Queen!

Hate to tell you RIBES but Pat McGrath was doing Makeup just as long as Kevin or longer. She actually was trained as a real artist (painter) and got into doing Makeup later on to make money. Haven't you seen any of work for Fashion Shows in Europe...she a freakin' genius! I guess she's just not that keen on writing books like Kevin.

I actually met Pat in New York (at MAC PRo store this year) and even though she's so incrediblly talented she is one of the nicest people and very modest. What a wonderful experience meeting and talking with her! I love her and she's my idol...it's my dream to one day assist her.

Pat Mcgrath is a genius - she turned it into an art form.

I like Charlotte Tilsbury who always does the make up for Chloé. She always does her own make up with nude lips and lots of eyeliner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->