Wolford - Berardi out / Van der Kemp in

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
NEW STOCKINGS: Wolford, Austria’s high-end hosiery firm, has replaced Antonio Berardi as its creative director with Ronald van der Kemp. Berardi spent less than a year with Wolford, which had asked him to give its numerous product categories, including a burgeoning ready-to-wear collection, a sharper focus. Van der Kemp, who has designed at Escada and Celine, officially starts at Wolford in March, when an announcement is expected. Berardi confirmed he was parting ways with the firm.

wwd.com

interesting. i remember van der kemp rather well from a few years ago when he started out.....

i dunno how his vision will translate into hosiery though.

it says they are aiming for ready to wear too scott....

i didn't even know berardi was working for them...:unsure:

p-a-p....hmmmmm... :innocent:

i wonder how that will transpire....

i didn't know about Berardi either. i didn't even know they had designers in as creative directors......always assumed it was somebody in-house and collaborative works.

softgrey said:
it says they are aiming for ready to wear too scott....

i didn't even know berardi was working for them...:unsure:
wow me neither....speaking of which, can anyone find pictures of his FW 07 show in NYC? I was there and it was at first a presentation, but became a catwalk, but I can't find pictures anywhere....it truly was an amazing collection featuring 15-16 tall Japanese girls (they got to keep the clothes)

i think we have a thread on that JJ
did you try a search..?
i know i saw pics...but not sure where...

softgrey said:
i think we have a thread on that JJ
did you try a search..?
i know i saw pics...but not sure where...

I tried, but found past collections, but not on here...it was a small informal runway after the Proenza show...there was a riser, but contained only 15 photographers, but i searched on google and here and found nothing. It was a really delicious show.

yeah- i saw it...
but i know i saw pics...
check style maybe??

cause it got a good review...
you know...
i think it was wwd.com

JJohnson said:
wow me neither....speaking of which, can anyone find pictures of his FW 07 show in NYC? I was there and it was at first a presentation, but became a catwalk, but I can't find pictures anywhere....it truly was an amazing collection featuring 15-16 tall Japanese girls (they got to keep the clothes)

You know the NYC presentation was his diffusion line, Berardi, right? Look out for the regular line show--March 3 in Paris I believe--his clothes are incredible. I haven't been as excited about his diffusion pieces as I have by his regular line, but I haven't seen the diffusion line in real life. I love the regular line for the detail, the fabrics with interesting textures, and most of all the impeccable cut of the clothes..it really accentuates a slim figure/small frame. I am a sucker for great fit/cut/tailoring..:heart:

Was the diffusion line more interesting in person than in the photos? Maybe I'll have to look for it..

elschic111 said:
You know the NYC presentation was his diffusion line, Berardi, right? Look out for the regular line show--March 3 in Paris I believe--his clothes are incredible. I haven't been as excited about his diffusion pieces as I have by his regular line, but I haven't seen the diffusion line in real life. I love the regular line for the detail, the fabrics with interesting textures, and most of all the impeccable cut of the clothes..it really accentuates a slim figure/small frame. I am a sucker for great fit/cut/tailoring..:heart:

Was the diffusion line more interesting in person than in the photos? Maybe I'll have to look for it..

Oh thanks I didn't know he had a diffusion line. Yes the clothing was amazing...very tailored. I loved the music too "F you" resonating around the loftspace. The fit was perfect and all the Japanese girls were like warriors...im going to check wwd.com for pics...I must see it!

No luck finding pics anywhere....*sigh* Oh well, but it was really cool how it happened. The girls were all standing on an elevated white runway in the middle (presentation) then the first girl suddenly started to move..the photographers werent completely set up, but most of them all started screaming trying to get pictures...a few people from Vogue were there- Hamish, Virginia smith, the fashion editors from Elle and the guy from style.com that wears Oakley sunglasses :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wsmith2131
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->