Demna Gvasalia - Designer, Creative Director of Balenciaga

^ hang in there, we all knew the 'I'm STILL so sorry' World Tour would kick off after playing doormat for the executives with the last show. Now it's 'come on, Hollywood, do your thing!'. But nothing else changes and the consumer is exhausted.. even the Kardashians (the younger ones- Kendall and Kylie), who embody consumerism, are trying to dress like Carolyn Bessette these days, and Phoebe is back, all while Demna keeps hammering on weirdcore and other 2016 relics.. could be a 'thing' if it was a small label, but it seems hardly sustainable and even suicidal for a conglomerate to keep him around, can't imagine this performing again the way it once did..

Not sure the last time any of you went into a balenciaga store but I just did so you don’t have to suffer. From a men’s perspective:

you can look through $1000 faux punk cotton hoodies that feel worse quality than my $80 one from aritzia. You can gaze at the gallery of tennis shoes, tons and tons of tennis shoes, some of which have been around for seasons and looked so outdated. You can try on $500 baseball caps with VELCRO! in the back (as an avid hat wearer, this is criminal.) there are $6000 motorcycle boots if you’re in the mood. And if you want giant rubber crocs, giant rubber rain boots, or giant rubber Chelseas with visible rubber seams, Demna’s got you covered. The few cute coats were either gimmicked to death with flannel attachments, or the prices were downright absurd. All in all the whole experience felt like a farce. It was not luxurious. Nothing felt nice in my hands. very few things looked pretty. I can’t comment on the women’s dept because I didn’t look around but this was the store in soho, nyc. I didn’t expect any better but wow that was bad

Finally a wise decision from this hapless brand.

Cathy Horyn is officially Demna´s pet. Good puppy, good puppy!!

-"The machine of the industry creates an illusion rather than designers. That´s the problem..."
Demna Gvasalia 2024 (aka "I don´t have a mirror").

PS. "Destroying heritage" is more accurate in his case.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel for this clown to finally step down.

Unfortunately don't have access to the full article but misstweed suggests there will be a tectonic shift in many brands within next few months, including Balenciaga, Balmain etc.

Unfortunately don't have access to the full article but misstweed suggests there will be a tectonic shift in many brands within next few months, including Balenciaga, Balmain etc.
how reliable is this?

how reliable is this?
Tbh it’s never 100% but misstweed has incredible insights and in most of the cases she was right from the very beginning. I’ve been following her for some time and the insights are quite impressive: numbers were always correct, who’s in and who’s out and when also. I guess time will tell.

How I'll be dressed when Demna's departure is announced:
00020m.jpg
Source: Vogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->