Working in fashion without a degree

x_roses_x

Reaction score
Im interested to know who here is working in fashion (stylist,designer,journalist..etc.) without a degree from college or uni.
Is it possible to work based on experience and without having to study.

Thanks!
:flower:

^Depends on the job position. Most jobs I've looked at do require some sort of education beyond high school, but they usually care more about experience since experience in that position means more than getting a bachelors degree and not knowing anything in the real world. For example photography; I know a lot of people who have graduated with bachelors majoring in photography and they are yet to find a good paying job while a few of my friends who skipped college and just started doing photography on their own and have done a great job at getting great paying jobs.

I agree ... there are lot's of people with specific degrees for various careers in fashion and can't get work and may who never graduated with a degree at all and they are sucessful. There is no one right way to get there ... it all depends on you, your skills, your experience, your connections, and how well you can convice others that you have what they need.

Here is a related thread (and there are more:( Fashion designers without a degree?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I run my own fashion label, I design and manufacture the clothing too. My clothing is stocked in London and other parts of the UK . I don't have a degree and I have 4 GCSE's. I never got a Textile GCSE but I do have a Diploma in Fashion. Experience is better than studying which is why I never went to Uni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->